10 ~ performance

The day of the play finally came around and Cassie had gotten tickets to see the play. She and her parents were planning on going to support Zoey in the play.

They met with Zoey's parents and Harley and his family at the theater before going in.

Families of the cast members were either arriving at the theater and entering the theater or already in there.

While the parents talked to each other outside of the theater, Cassie, Harley and Peter went in to get good seats. They weren't able to get the best seats, but they were able to get seats near the stage.

Harley had his camera in hand to take pictures of the performance to write about it afterwards.

Cassie was looking over people's shoulders, hoping she would somehow catch a glimpse of the backstage and see Zoey. 

"I'm going to see if I can somehow get backstage," Cassie said.

"Will you be able to go?" Peter asked.

"I don't know," Cassie said.

"You might have to sneak backstage," Harley said.

"I might," Cassie said.

Peter looked at her, horrified. 

"You can't sneak backstage!" Peter exclaimed. "You'll get in trouble!"

"We're not in school," Cassie shrugged. "I doubt something bad will happen."

Peter watched her walk away, horrified that she was going to attempt to sneak backstage and talk to Zoey.

Sneaking backstage was surprisingly easy.

Cassie made sure to stay clear of Mrs. Bennet. She wasn't sure what will happen if Mrs. Bennet will catch her, but she didn't want to find out.

She asked one of the kids in the cast where Zoey was and was told that she was in the dressing room.

Cassie found Zoey and went into the room.

"Hey," Cassie greeted her best friend.

"Hi," Zoey said.

She sounded relived and hugged Cassie.

"Does Mrs. Bennet know you're back here?" Zoey asked.

"No," Cassie shook her head. 

"You snuck in?" Zoey said.

"Is it really sneaking in if there's no one making sure that no one comes back here?"

"Good point."

"How are you feeling?" Cassie asked Zoey.

"I don't know," Zoey admitted. "I'm excited that we're finally performing, but..."

"Nervous?"

"Yeah," Zoey nodded.

"You'll do great," Cassie assured her.

"Are my parents here?"

"Yeah," Cassie said. "Last I checked, they're talking to my parents and Harley's parents."

"Harley's parents are here too?" Zoey asked. 

"Yeah," Cassie nodded. "So is Peter."

Before Cassie could say anything else, she heard her name being said.

"Cassie!" Mrs. Bennet said.

Cassie's heart dropped. She got caught.

"What are you doing here?" Mrs. Bennet said. "You're not supposed to be back here!"