16 ~ thanksgiving break

It was finally Thanksgiving break and Cassie got to relax a bit.

She accepted the role of the murder mystery role.

She was told that she was going to be joining the cast the beginning of March, two weeks into filming, which she didn't mind.

She also had everything worked out with the school.

She will be able to film the movie and complete all of her school work while on set. Her teachers would send her all of her assignments and let her know when they will be having their tests. She will also be having an on set tutor. Whenever she has tests or quizzes, her on set tutor will be in the room with her to take the tests just to make sure that she doesn't cheat. The on set tutor will also be getting all the emails that Cassie will get and will be the one to send the tests to all of Cassie's teachers.

It was Wednesday.

The moment the school day ended, Cassie and her friends headed to the bakery.

The students from Randy's school went to the bakery. Randy was one of the many students who were there.

Cassie has only seen him three times since their date and each time was at the bakery.

Cassie and her friends at at their usual table when Randy came over.

"Hey," Randy said, his eyes on Cassie.

"Hi," she said.

Everything was awkward. No one said anything and they were looking between Cassie and Randy.

"Can - can we talk?" Randy said.

"Yes," Cassie said, standing up.

She followed Randy outside.

"I'm sorry," Cassie quickly apologized, "for not texting as often."

"I haven't been texting that much either," Randy said, "so no harm done."

Cassie smiled weakly.

"Our date wasn't great," Randy said.

"No, it wasn't," Cassie agreed.

She couldn't help but feel guilty about it. She really wished she enjoyed the date, but she didn't.

"Randy, I like you, but not like that," Cassie said. "I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it. I'm sorry for leading you on."

"I get it," Randy said, "and no worries. Yeah, um, after the date, I realized I didn't like you like that either. You're great and all, but..."

"We should stick to being friends?" Cassie suggested.

Randy cracked a smile and nodded.

"Friends," he repeated.

Cassie had an uneasy feeling about this. She has heard of people who had gone on dates and said that they'll be friends but it was just something to cushion the blow or just make light of the situation. She had a feeling this might be one of those situations but she hope she was going to be wrong.

"I'm sorry again," Cassie said.

Randy didn't say anything.

She wasn't expecting anything from Randy.

"I heard that you got casted in a murder mystery," Randy said. "Is it true?"

"Yes, but I can't talk about it," Cassie said.

"Is Harley Walker's mom going to be in it?" Randy asked.

"Um," she said, "you should ask him. I can't really talk about it."