Ch. 5 - Too Much

Considering the campus size and similar major, you often ran into Choso while walking to your other classes. You never really acknowledged one another but you noticed for a few days that Choso would make eye contact with you during the passing, sometimes even furrowing his brow and turning away.

You skipped that Saturday's project session as well. Choso blamed it on his band playing a local show and you didn't mind the day off.

Monday rolled around yet again. The night before, you submitted your midterm paper considering half of the semester was finally over; the weather getting warmer with each passing day.

You usually were the first to arrive to class, preparing notes and completing the weekly reading beforehand. You were surprised to find Choso leaning against the wall just outside of the classroom, he had his foot propped up on the wall - likely leaving a dirty bootprint.

"You're early," you acknowledged, passing him and entering the room. You took your place as usual at the desk closest to the window.

He followed you and something about his presence made your hair stand on end. You tried to ignore the feeling and went about setting up your laptop and whatnot.

"You good?" You tried to get some kind of answer out of him, but he was just standing behind you with his arms at his sides.

"I don't know, you gonna' stop flaunting your new boyfriend in front of me," he sounded genuinely aggressive.

You sat up from your chair and looked up at him. Though his tone was aggressive, he still had his usual cool expression planted on his face.

"You mean the elevator the other day?" You almost laughed. "That bothers you?"

"I just don't like it when you lie to yourself," he took a small step closer to you to the point where he towered above you.

"Lie to myself," you repeated with a questioning intonation to encourage him to continue.

"You know you don't like him," his eyes pierced yours as he looked down in your direction. You stood up to meet him as if to assert some kind of dominance - or at least an attempt at dominance.

"You don't know anything!" You pointed in his face, nearly touching his nose.

That was when his threatening presence backed you against the wall, your butt nearly sitting on the windowsill. He had one hand against your head as he continued looking down at you.

"Oh, I know. I could see it all over your face," he was nearly nose to nose with you at this point. His stature made your heart race right out of your chest; your palms against the cold, marble windowsill and your face taking in his warm breath as it cascaded over your features.

"Y-you don't know what you're talking about," you stuttered out, still trying to maintain composure. You hated how much you wanted to just melt with his closeness. You wondered what had gotten into you, your knees trembling and struggling to keep you up.

"Sweetheart," he purred, "I've been with plenty of girls, and have been around you long enough, to know how you behave." You didn't want to think of him with any other women and it wasn't because of disgust - another thing you hated about yourself in that moment.

"What are you doing anyway?" You struggled to get out, knowing that if you tried to push past him he wouldn't budge. He was too strong for you to do so.

You tried to make your tone a bit dominating to send a message, but he wasn't having it.

"Only trying to make you realize your own wants," he took your face in his thumb and index finger, squishing your cheeks together. You yanked yourself from his grip and pushed against his chest which forced him to take a few steps back. You tried your best to keep how hard he felt against your hands from your mind.