Ch. 19 - Pain

AN: Inspired by argyle - brakence

"Why?" You asked with attitude in response to Choso's aggressive command.

"I don't want you here," his brow was low, tone irritated. It sounded so genuine that it nearly hurt to hear him say that, but somewhere deep down you figured he was pretending.

"You know I don't believe that. I don't believe whatever act you have going on here," you put your hands on your hips, "and I'm not leaving."

"Fine...then I'll leave," Choso threw his legs over the side of the hospital bed and yanked the needles from his arms - the machine quickly screaming. He waltzed over to it and began pressing a few of the buttons to quiet it, something he'd seen nurses do dozens of times.

You stood in shock and watched as he let the hospital gown he was in drop to the floor. His clothing was neatly folded on a nearby chair and he began dressing in silence.

"Why are you behaving this way?" You stomped closer to him, leaning toward him as he sat on the edge of the bed to tie his shoes. He seemed unphased by your anger.

"My family's fallen apart, Y/N. I have my reasons for behaving the way that I do," he muttered.

"But I'm your family, too, remember? That and then some..." you slightly blushed. "You know that and feel the same way!" You pointed at him. He pushed your arm away and stood, sliding his arms through the sleeves of his jacket.

He began walking out of the hospital, not regarding any sort of discharge procedure. You trailed after him toward the train station.

"Why the fuck are you following me?" He asked when he felt your presence close behind him.

"I'm making sure you're going home...and that you won't take any more of that shit," you declared angrily, nearly spitting in the process.

"Can you please just fuck off?" He stopped dead in his tracks and spun around to face you. You were taken aback by his piercing gaze, the cold stare sent shivers down your spine. "Fuck off." He repeated through gritted teeth.

"Ch-" you started, reaching for his hand as the fire built behind his eyes.

"Would you just fuck off?!" He shouted again, interrupting you and earning a few eyes from passerby's that sped walked away. "I don't need your hand. I don't need you! I don't need anyone's help! Just fuck off!" He shoved his fist into his pocket, something the medics hadn't checked though they should have, and grabbed the bottle. "This," he rattled it in your face, "is all I need. This is the only friend I need." He quickly screwed off the top and tossed one in his mouth, biting down and swallowing. He slightly flinched from the bitter taste.

"Why do you keep doing this...?" You asked in a whisper to hide the trembling of your voice. You were embarrassed to be screamed at in public, even more upset by the way he was treating you. "I love you, Choso..."

"God," he rolled his eyes heavily, "you love your brother? In what way, Y/N?" He taunted you. "Certainly more than just a brother, you've implied it yourself!"

"Keep it down," your eyes darted to make sure no one was around.

"You've turned our relationship into some kind of fetish, haven't you?!" He shoved the pill bottle back into his pocket and pointed an angry finger at you. Your face drained of its color from the accusation. "You really thought I loved you," his voice lowered and his demeanor became a bit more calm. "I told you I was just playing."

"Why are you doing all of this? Why are you going to such great lengths to push me away?" You shook your head in disbelief, your cheeks wet with tears that you had yet to notice. "You know I only want to help." For a moment it looked like he had an expression of regret but he quickly put the mask back on.