Ch 8 - Siblings

When you and your mother were all unpacked and settled in, the pair left for their honeymoon. That meant you and the guys had the house to yourselves for at least two weeks.
Getting used to the new family lifestyle, you now with three other siblings, came mostly at ease. Considering your older ages, you all just left each other be - most of the time. A morning or two, there was an argument about who put an empty milk carton back in the fridge but that was to be expected.
Sharing a single bathroom with three males was also quite the venture. Your mother was lucky to have a master bath to treat herself to, while you were stuck with a messy teen and two young adults who didn't know how to clean.

You wanted to be friendly with your new brothers, so most days you'd leave your door open as you sat at your computer. Often you could be found crouched awkwardly in your desk chair while you snacked and watched your favorite show with your over-the-ear headphones drowning out any outside noise.
The boys made it very obvious they weren't used to having a sister, usually staring at you as if you were an animal at the zoo - strange awe in their faces as you went about your day. Choso was the only one who behaved normally considering he knew you from uni.
You recalled the first day Kechizu teased you to test your reaction.

You were in your usual position at your computer. You almost didn't notice him standing in the doorway as your headphones kept you pretty distracted.
You were startled when you saw his presence standing there. His green locks were a bit faded - needing to be recolored. He had honey-colored eyes, a bit lighter than his older brothers. His face was small and sweet. He was very innocent looking.

He was just standing there...staring at you for seemingly no other purpose. You pushed one of the earphones to the side and stared back for a few more moments as if to wait for a response of some kind.
You opened your jaw to start to say something, but just as you did he quickly flicked the light switch off, slammed your door shut, and darted down the hallway.

"Hey!" You shouted, getting up from your seat and opening the door. "Kechizu!" You continued yelling, your voice echoing through the large home. You could hear his snickers from his bedroom down the hall, his door now shut.

Eso and Choso peeked their heads out of their own rooms, looked at one another and then at you. When Eso saw the coast was clear, he went back and shut his door. Choso, on the other hand, walked a bit out into the hallway.

"He taunting you?" He asked as you stood in an action stance in front of your door. Your fists were clenched and anger painted your face. Just as they weren't used to sisters, you weren't used to brothers, and Choso could read that based on your expression.

Without answering, Choso stepped forward and knocked on Kechizu's door. He cracked the door open and stared at his little brother. You watched as he looked into the room, your tense body relaxing as you waited for Choso to finish.

"Hey, what are you doing, man?" He asked his brother. You couldn't hear Kechizu's response, but Choso laughed and shut the door. "He won't do it again," he said to you, still chuckling.

"What even was that?!" You asked as Choso was about to enter his room again. He simply shrugged and left you standing there.
Brothers...

Just because you were the newbie in the house, didn't mean that you didn't get into trouble yourself. Not that you knew you were getting yourself into trouble. It was all innocent..mostly.

Since moving in, you had realized you had an unlimited stash of Choso's sweaters.

One day, when you knew he was out practicing with his dumb band, you snuck over to his door. Your hand nervously held onto the knob, slowly twisting and forcing it ajar.
It was a typical masculine-styled bedroom. The walls were painted a dark grey, his furniture a dark cherry color, comforter just regular navy stripes. It was a bit messy, clothes strewn about or shoved into drawers that couldn't be pushed all the way shut.
You began to pull his drawers open. It wasn't until you got to the middle drawer of his taller chest that you hit the jackpot.
There, all stuffed and wrinkled into the drawer, laid dark hoodie after dark hoodie. Some had decals on them, others were plain. He had a few other colors as well to your surprise...or you shouldn't be surprised considering the panda shirt he wore a few weeks ago.
You took your pick and figured that anytime it lost its smell you'd just replace it with a new one. With it in your hands, you pressed it to your face and breathed deeply and scampered off to your bedroom. You closed the door behind you and slipped it over your head.
After a few seconds, you realized how weird it was that you did that but you shrugged it off and continued your day.