Ch. 24 - Light

"Choso!" You screamed as your eyes laid upon the scene. 

Choso was kneeling on the floor, hands tight around his father's neck. His grip was so tight the only noise that was coming from Noritoshi was a strange wheezy, gaspy sound as he fought for air. His legs tried their best to thrash about, but with Choso successfully straddling him he was unable to make anything of it. 
The look on Choso's face was terrifying, his teeth and jaw heavily clench and brows aggressively furrowed - the veins on his neck popped as he pressed his fingerprints to his father's jugular. On the other hand, Noritoshi's expression was that of complete fright - the blood vessels in his eyes were especially prominent as his face turned red. He desperately clawed at Choso's hands but the attempt to remove them was to no avail. 

"What are you doing?!" You continued shrieking, this event completely throwing you off guard.

"What should have been done a long time ago," Choso hissed through his tight teeth, adjusting his grip so that he was successfully choking his victim with one hand while the other reached into the pocket of his jacket. 

He stole the beans... You weren't sure if they would work without being crushed but surely shoving them down his throat, as Choso was preparing to do, would do the trick. You felt slightly betrayed as it was not the plan at all, but you also had a sense of justice and relief seeing such an evil monster being put out of its misery. You weren't sure if you should jump into either rescue Noritoshi or assist Choso, all you could do was watch. 

Choso had the beans still in their baggie and began to shove the plastic into Noritoshi's mouth, the sudden shock of something being pushed deep into his throat stopped him from biting down. His body started to reject the foreign object as Choso used his index and middle fingers to push it far into his esophagus. His face turned redder and the wheezing completely stopped. With the killing object successfully in place, Choso covered his father's mouth which forced him to swallow hard - his eyes watering shut. 

"You're gonna' go out the same way my brothers did, you piece of shit," Choso spat at Noritoshi mercilessly. 

"Choso..." you started softly, "Choso I think he's got the point..." you figured if the beans were successfully in his stomach, he could stop physically restraining him. Choso didn't let up, but instead his grasp around the neck tightened even further.

Noritoshi's eyes began to roll back, his face now turning slightly purple as he lost it. Choso refused to let up, even as his eyelids fluttered shut, hands fell to the side, and legs stopped moving.

"It's done," you took a step closer to Choso, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, "I think you've done it." 

Choso slowly loosened his grip and closed his eyes as if in a saddened meditative state. His hands dropped to his sides and he took a deep sigh before coming to his feet. 

"Why didn't you wait?" You scolded, glancing down at the lifeless body and then up at his low eyelids.

"I didn't want to wait. And I didn't want to do it through the mail," he confessed, "I wanted to see him suffer." His words sent chills down your spine but you completely understood. 

You took a deep breath and gave him a sweet smile in response. "It's over." He smiled gently back at your acceptance. "Where are we going?" You wondered.

"Well...I had told my mom that we would be visiting..." he mumbled. "But I don't know if that's safe considering what I just did."

"If we can make it look like something else...we shouldn't have to worry," you glanced back down at the body which already somehow looked a bit paler and grayer. "And I'd love to meet her...and Yuji." He appreciated that answer, a bit of light returning to his face.