1 - he saw me

Before you start reading, I want you to forget about your definition of 'normal', you will have a better experience if you do so.

Also, everything in this story is purely fictional - remember that the characters do not resemble people in real life, hence only their names and appearances are the same. Enjoy!

-

:: Thu, 9 Sep

"Today was not too hot, but not as cold as I wanted it to be either. I can't wait to feel the cold air of December making me shiver, and forget about the hot summer we just went through."

No response was heard from the ones listening to you.

You sighed and placed your chin on your palm. The dark red, antique armchair you were sitting on was totally contrasting with the little laboratory where it was. Yet, you had asked your father to put it there because his modern chairs were too uncomfortable for you. "When I went outside today I saw my best friend hanging out with my crush. I wasn't following them, I swear, I just happened to be in the same cafe as them. It hurt, if I have to be honest."

Again, the only answer you received was a few eyes blinking.

"Dang it, guys. You're of no company." Your snorted out loud and got up to leave.

One of the little fairies looking at you stopped flying and landed on her feet, placing her small hands against the glass separating her from the rest of the world.

Another big sigh left your mouth. "I wish I could set you all free... you look so cute and innocent. But dad says you're evil, and that you're in these soundproof, glass cages because if you talked to me you could convince me to free you."

The blonde haired fairy shook her head, her blue eyes shining like sapphires through the glass. She was probably trying to say it was not true, and even if she moved her mouth, you couldn't hear a word she was saying.

"Anyway, I annoyed y'all for an hour today. I've been talking continuously and I probably made you wish you could slap me. I'll see you tomorrow" you waved at all the little beings in the glass cages and left the room, leaving some of the lights on so they wouldn't have to sleep in a completely dark room. "And, as I remind you every day, don't tell dad I have a crush. Bye!"

"Y/n, you've been there for an hour" your dad gently scolded you as soon as he saw you coming up the stairs. His laboratories were in the basement, but you got used to it and weren't scared anymore. "You shouldn't annoy those creatures for so long. I wouldn't want them to get angry and try to break the cages."

"They won't, dad" you ruffled his hair as you passed behind him, who was sitting on the couch. "They like me."

"I'm pretty sure I've heard one of them begging me not to allow you to go down anymore." He loved to tease you, it was his way of showing affection.

You stuck out your tongue and headed towards the stairs, ready to go up into your room. "You're so funny."

"I know, I was born this way" he imitated a hair flip which made you burst out laughing, and he started giggling as well. "Anyway. Before you go, I have something to tell you."

"Okay, it's scary how your expression is now deadly serious."

"Well, that's because I have something very serious to tell you. Come here" your dad invited you to sit next to him with a hand gesture.

"Have I been infected with a deadly venom from one of your creatures?"

Your father threw you a bored stare. "How is that even possible if they're in a cage?"