29 - worst scenario became reality

It felt like the world stopped spinning for a moment when you realized you had just been caught by your father. Not only that, but he could probably see you were talking to Jimin as well, which was going to be another big, pain in the ass to explain to him.

Given that he was going to let you do that, before killing you.

Your mum couldn't speak, nor move. She was trapped by a simple spell she could not escape from, and it was horrible seeing her like that and not being able to help her.

"He can't see me," Jimin whispered in your ear. "He can't hear me. Just say 'I need you' when you feel like things are becoming dangerous, and I'll help you. Keep in mind our connection, it makes the both of us stronger."

You felt reassured to hear Jimin say that, because you knew you weren't alone in that. But your dad was so strong, you didn't even know if anyone in the world could have won against him. Either way, you nodded to let Jimin know you heard that. Then, you spoke to your father. "Where is Lexi?" You knew where she was, you just wanted to see how he was going to act.

"Why do you care? You shouldn't be seeing supernatural creatures."

"She's my friend."

"She's dangerous!" he snapped, raising his voice. "And you put your mother into this as well. Letting go of all those creatures could have killed you both! Are you insane?"

"You were hurting them."

Your dad raised his eyebrows, not expecting that. "So, because someone lied to you about what I do down here, you decided to set all of them free? Don't you have a little bit of brain in that little head of yours?"

"No one lied to me. It's the truth. I saw proof, and the creatures told me themselves. How could you do that to them? How could you lie to us this whole time?" You took a step forward, the anger taking over your body as you wished to start punching your father. It felt so liberating being able to argue with him about that, to confront him after weeks of keeping that secret to yourself.

"So, you decided to believe a stranger instead of your own dad?" He chuckled, sarcastically. "I thought you were smarter. You can't let yourself be fooled by a simple human."

Jimin spoke again next to your ear, softly. "Don't let him win. He's trying to obtain some sort of information from you about the person who told you all that you know. Be smart, baby."

"I was not fooled. I saw what you did to some of them, the vampires told me you're a bad man. Why would they lie, when they all like me?"

Your father stepped aside, letting your mother stay in the same place, still surrounded by the spell that kept her frozen. It didn't even seem like she could see or hear you anymore. "They pretended to like you, y/n. Don't be stupid. Vampires are evil, they befriended you just so that they could manipulate you whenever they want. And here's the results" he pointed at me. "So, they were the ones who put you against me."

"I'm not going to tell you, stop trying. I want you to let Lexi out." Your voice was firm, even though every single part of your body was on fire, and trembling.

"You're in no position to order me around, honey." Your dad took a step closer, with that intimidating stare in his eyes. "You just let go of a lot of my creatures. You involved your mother. You befriended a hybrid. And you're accusing me of things that are not true. Isn't that a little unfair?"

"Don't come closer, dad."

"Why? I'm your dad, I wouldn't hurt you."

You stepped back into the hallway, glancing at your mother, who was staring at a blank spot. "Let mum go. Free her from that spell."