4 - come and see me

:: Fri, 17 Sep - evening

You thought you were going to receive threatening (rather annoying) messages on your hand until you wouldn't accept to go and see the demon, but the truth was that he didn't bother you anymore. No sentences appeared on the back of your hand, and you hadn't had the chance to go to the basement, so it felt like your life went back to normal. No demon was disturbing the peaceful life you had had until a few days earlier.

Except for the fact that most of the time your thoughts went to the handsome demon living in your basement, in a cage. It wasn't because the way he appeared in front of you the other day, not at all (you wanted to believe that), but because you knew sooner or later he was going to communicate with you again. And you didn't know what to do about that. The solution was pretty simple: tell your father, but somehow that option was always put aside every time you thought about it.

"Y/n" Suji shook your arm as soon as she joined you at the pub. She had previously tried to catch your attention, but you didn't notice her. "I called your name at least five times!"

"Sorry, I was lost in my thoughts" you chuckled and made her some space to sit next to you. Your best friend had asked to meet you, so you had to accept because she said she had something very important to talk to you about. She mentioned something she had told you days before, but you didn't understand what she meant so you just accepted. "So, why did you want to meet?"

"To talk about what I told you on the phone, the other day" she answered with a nervous smile on her face, and it made you worry - both because you had no idea what she had told you, and because she seemed like she wanted to vomit.

"Sure, just don't throw up here." You teased her.

"Is my face looking so bad?"

You nodded. "Did you kill someone?"

"Tsk. You're always so sarcastic" she rolled her eyes with a chuckle, but then her expression was serious again. "So... I know you told me you forgave me, but I feel so bad about it. I feel like a terrible friend and I don't even know what to do to actually make you forgive me. It feels so strange that you are so okay with it, and pretty scary, too."

You frowned and placed your hands on your lap, trying to understand what she was talking about. What did she tell me that I forgot?

"Y/n, you look lost."

"That's because I've no idea what you're talking about. Why should I forgive you?"

Suji leaned back against the mini couch, and stared at you with her head tilted on the side. "I knew you weren't listening to me the other day. On Tuesday I called you, but you seemed absent and apparently you don't even remember what I told you. Great."

You nervously smiled, feeling bad for not listening to your friend - she hated that, and it often happened without you being able to control it. "Sorry... can you tell me again? I was a bit... busy that day."

Suji didn't know about your father being a magician, and she obviously didn't know you guys had creatures in your basement either (that's why she never came to your house). She was a simple human, luckily, and had no idea that all those mythical beings actually existed. You wanted to tell her, but your dad strictly prohibited that to you. Rightfully, because whenever humans discovered something new, they immediately wanted to show it to the whole world - yet, those creatures were not suitable to be put in a cage and be part of a circus: they were dangerous, and would hardly blend among humans. Only magicians like your dad could handle them, and avoid them hurting people.