23 - your heart beats for me

You went straight to your room after that exhausting practice with your father, and ignored it when your mum tried to stop you from going away without answering her question. She saw you leaving the basement and wanted to know why you were so upset, but you just told her to ask your dad and went upstairs, locking your door.

"I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!" You exclaimed and threw yourself on the bed, pushing your face into a pillow to muffle a scream. You then grabbed your phone and tapped on the first playlist you created to listen to some music and calm down. Why you gotta kick me when I'm down by Bring Me The Horizon started playing, and you didn't change it. "Man, who does he think he is?" You spoke out loud, talking to yourself. "He's almost fifty years old and it's been at least thirty since he's been constantly using his powers! How does he expect me to do whatever he asks me from the first moment we start?"

You were so frustrated you started kicking the air, just like a kid who had been scolded by his parents and couldn't even whine about it.

"UGH!" You screamed against your pillow, remembering how your dad treated you like an idiot for not being able to lift that damn pen off the floor.

One thing was sure, though: you weren't going to practice with him ever again. You had high hopes before starting, you were convinced he was going to be very patient, as he had always been when explaining things to you as a kid - yet, he got annoyed too quickly and you couldn't even concentrate anymore after seeing his frustrated expressions.

Why couldn't he explain things calmly and softly as...

"Oh no..." you rolled on your side, closing your eyes in frustration when you realised the mistake you had made. You thought of him again.

Indeed, Park Jimin was now laying on his right side, facing you with a stupid smirk on his face. "Always thinking about me, little doll. I might start thinking you're actually into me."

"Shut up. I'm not in the mood for your jokes." You didn't even want to look at him, so you closed your eyes again and stayed like that.

"Is it because of your father?" He asked, but didn't sound like he was teasing you this time. It seemed like a genuine question and it made you open your eyes again. He was serious, and he was waiting for your answer even if he already knew it.

So, you just nodded.

"I eavesdropped a little bit."

You narrowed your eyes.

"Alright, I heard the entire thing and also you talking to yourself about him being old and annoying."

You couldn't help but smile. "I didn't say he is old and annoying." Even if it was kind of true.

Jimin smiled back, and seeing him doing it always surprised you initially. He was definitely not the type to smile often and in front of others. "I got you. We're connected" he winked at you.

You shook your head, trying to hide your smile from him. "I wish we were not."

"Who would make you smile like that, after you told your father to fuck off, if I wasn't here right now?" He pretended to be offended and he lifted himself up, leaning on his left arm to support his body.

"I didn't tell him to fuck off!" You exclaimed, still not able to take that embarrassing smile off your face. You didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

"You did. Subtly, but you did, little doll." He shrugged.

"Shut up, or disappear. Either of the two would be equally great."