11 - great rhythm

You slowly spun around, wondering what crazy ex-girlfriend was there to ruin your date with Jungkook. Well, you assumed it was a crazy ex-girlfriend, because he didn't seem to be the type of guy who'd cheat. Plus, what normal person would threaten someone like that?

"Lexi" Jungkook's body stiffened next to you, and his voice didn't sound as lively as it was earlier.

When your eyes landed on the girl, you almost had a heart attack, but somehow you managed to hide the shock you went through after seeing her.

The girl was not human, not a single thing on her was common. But the fact that she was walking around among humans as if it was normal was the most surprising part. Her pointy ears and her very high cheekbones made it obvious she was an elf, the most beautiful one you had seen in your life. Yet, the part which was even more shocking than that was the fact that she had a fairy body and wings, and you were sure you had never heard your father mentioning hybrids which were half elves and half fairies. You were sure you hadn't even read about them in books, and it was all very alarming.

Elves were usually ugly, small, with damaged skin and not only were they rude, but also annoying; fairies, instead, were delicate, beautiful and sensitive (if they didn't try tricking you by using the small amount of devil blood they had in their body).

You assumed she got the rudeness from the elves' family, while her appearance was obviously due to the ethereal beauty of the fairy world. "So? Who is she and why shouldn't I cancel her off?"

Cancel me off?

Jungkook was perfectly normal as he was looking at her, just a bit annoyed because she had interrupted your date. But no mention of her wings nor her not-so-usual face structure. Apparently, he wasn't able to see what you could.

You stared at the two of them in confusion, also wondering why other people weren't looking at her with surprised expressions. The fact that Jungkook knew a supernatural being was another big mystery, and it was also making you worry about him. He had no idea the danger he was in by being next to someone he didn't fully know.

"Y/n" Jungkook turned towards you and placed a hand on your left shoulder. "I'm very sorry about this, I had no idea she was going to come. She doesn't mean anything to me, just know this okay?"

"Hello? Why are you talking as if I wasn't here?" Her voice was a strange mix between the graceful tone that fairies were famous for, and the throaty and deep voices the elves usually had. It was so strange.

He ignored the... you didn't know how to define her, so you just called her by her name. He ignored Lexi and continued looking into your eyes. "We had something in the past, but it's over now. She's a bit obsessed though, that's why she's here."

"I'm offended" Lexi folded her arms.

You glanced at her, and you couldn't help but get surprised again. Was she using some kind of magic to hide her nature from the rest of the human world? Because you couldn't give yourself any other explanation.

Lexi finally looked at you for the first time, and her blue eyes shone like sapphires under the lampposts. Her gaze was intimidating, and the way she scanned you from head to toes gave you the impression that she was thinking about an efficient way to kill you. But then a sparkle of surprise flashed in her blue orbs, and her eyebrows furrowed. "You can see-"

"Lexi, just leave us alone, okay?" Jungkook grabbed your wrist and pulled you closer to him, almost behind his body. "I have no intention of dealing with your jealousy again. We broke up, get over it."

The girl was still dumbfounded as he started dragging you behind him, and that's probably why she didn't even try to stop her ex-boyfriend. But you actually wanted to know why she had reacted like that when she looked at you – what was she about to say before Jungkook interrupted her?