26 - sweet, but dangerous

You looked at Jimin, waiting for him to tell you that he was only joking, but he was serious and he was actually waiting for an answer. You chuckled. "I should be in love with you to accept something like that. Unfortunately for you, you're a demon and you're not my type. I can't possibly fall for you."

He raised an eyebrow. What you had just said sounded more like a challenge than a statement. And that's exactly why a devilish smile formed on his lips, causing butterflies in your stomach. "Why does it sound like you're challenging me?"

"I'm not. I'm just stating facts." You scrolled your shoulders, but you knew damn well that you weren't even sure about what you had told him. So, you decided to play it cool instead of letting him know that. Even if the scene in your room, the other day, clearly showed that you weren't so immune to him, you had to play it cool.

"What if you fall for me?"

"It won't happen."

"Okay, but what if you do?"

You scrolled your shoulders. "I guess I'll just have to deal with it. I can't do anything about it. Unfortunately, we can't control our hearts."

"So you would accept it?"

"Not at first, no. I would fight with my whole life against the feeling before accepting it. I'd probably think I'm going insane for having any sort of feeling for you."

Jimin scoffed. "I knew you would've said this. Falling for me is the last thing you'd want to do. I'm trouble, and you know it, so you won't even put yourself in the position to feel anything for me. Right?"

You looked at him in the eyes, gulping because it felt like that question already had an answer. And you felt guilty, because the answer wasn't the one you wanted. It was so obvious that you did put yourself in the position where you could start feeling something for him, but you were never going to admit it. It was already obvious to you that you actually enjoyed talking to him, unless he was making fun of you or annoying you.

"Hm?" Jimin insisted.

You sighed and let out a little chuckle. You wanted to answer, you really did but, for the first time ever, you allowed yourself to stare at him longer than you had ever done and... imagine how he'd grab your waist and pull you closer, how he'd slowly lower his head towards yours to kiss you.

"Naughty girl."

Your eyes widened as he spoke, and felt heat in your cheeks. "What?" Did he read my mind?

Jimin laughed. "Look how embarrassed you are. You were just caught red handed looking at my lips and imagining something not too pure."

"I wasn't imagining impure things!" You defended yourself immediately.

"Yes, you were! Look how red your cheeks are. It's hilarious."

"Shut up Jimin, I wasn't imagining anything of what you're thinking" you gave him a death stare.

"I don't believe you. Even if you have that pearl on you, I know you were daydreaming about me in your bed and-"

"Oh my God!" You exclaimed and quickly interrupted him before he could finish his sentence. "It was just a kiss, geez!"

Jimin smirked, but he couldn't hold back so he burst out laughing in front of you. He just tricked you into telling him what you were thinking about, and you felt stupid. "So... a kiss, huh?" He cleared his throat, smiling cheekily.

You closed your mouth immediately and mentally cursed both Jimin and yourself. "This is the last time I bring you food in here." You pretended to be offended.