15 - more confusion

It had probably been just two minutes since you had magically appeared in your room, still bent forward with your arms under Lexi's armpits. You were so glad you hadn't had to drag her toward the goblins' laboratory; it would've probably been the most disgusting experience ever. You didn't even know what kind of powers they had, and you didn't even know why your father wanted to keep such disgusting creatures.

But whatever, it was his choice. A questionable one, but still his choice. You wondered what other questionable things your father was doing that you weren't aware of, but someone interrupted your thoughts.

"Y/n?" The voice of your mother came from right behind your door, which meant she was a few seconds away from entering your room.

You instantly panicked and dropped Lexi's upper body on the floor, your eyes widening when you saw (and heard) her head banging against the floor. It made quite a loud noise, so it was obvious your mother had heard it. "Holy shit..." you whispered, but you didn't have time to check on her because your mother spoke again.

"Let me check if she's in her-" she stopped talking when she opened the door. Your mum froze, just like you did, and her eyes moved from you to Lexi several times, obviously confused. But then she did something which confused you even more. "Inho, I think she is out. Maybe she's out with Suji."

Your mother closed the door without even saying anything to you, nor did she give you any disappointed or angry looks. She had just... left. Without questioning why there was a damn weird and new hybrid lying on your floor, apparently lifeless.

That was beyond strange.

Your mother walked away and you heard the sound of her steps slowly fading away as she went downstairs.

"Okay, what was that?" You frowned, standing in the middle of the room without knowing what to do next. But before doing anything else, you eavesdropped on your parents talking in front of the front door - their conversation seemed important. And they were also leaving again, which was more strange.

"I only needed to check if the demon was still there. The alarm on my wrist rang, which happens every time the door opens. I thought he escaped or something." That was your father talking.

"Maybe it was a mistake." Suggested your mother. Was she lying for you? Didn't she suspect you of being the one who cause that alarm to go off?

Your dad didn't answer immediately, and you imagined him thinking about that situation over and over again. "Yeah, maybe. Let's go. Send a message to y/n and ask her where she is."

"Yessir."

They both giggled at that and then you heard the front door opening and closing. They were gone.

Wow, I just got caught in a very compromising situation and faced no consequences.

You didn't know if it was a good thing or not. You did not know how to interpret what your mum had done for you, because she had always been the protective type whenever it came to you being around any supernatural being. So, the fact that she had just ignored that you were in your room with one of them (one which was in the real world, and not in one of your father's cages) was definitely contradictory.

But at least you discovered that your father had some sort of sensor which warned him every time the door to Jimin's cage was opened. And if the demon hadn't used his magic to basically teleport you into your room, your father would've caught you. Who knows what would have happened next.

Your father wouldn't have pretended not to see you, though. He would've probably started screaming and scolding you, and somehow you were sure he would've hurt Park Jimin even more. The thought of him doing that angered you, and you felt the need to ask him as soon as possible why Jimin had those awful scars on his body, but that meant telling him you entered that cage and it wasn't a good idea. You just wanted to know why he was such a good person outside the basement and why the demon and apparently other supernatural beings were talking bad about him. You needed to know who was the liar.