Chapter Twenty

"You suck," Lily grumbled and tossed the controller onto the couch beside her.

Jasper grinned at her. "Just because I kicked your ass is no reason to be rude, darlin'."

She stuck her tongue out at him and Alice's tinkling laughter filled the air. Lily's siblings had been there for two days and the four of them were currently lounging in the theater room playing video games. Lily glanced over her shoulder to the telepath brooding behind her. "How are you doing, Eddie?"

It was evident she'd pulled him from his thoughts when he turned to smile at her. "I'll be fine, Sis." As it turned out, her siblings' impromptu visit was the result of Edward's blood singer enrolling at Forks High School. Carlisle had offered to move again or to send him away on his own, but Edward didn't care for either of those options so he was determined to resist her. He could be pretty damned stubborn but Lily wasn't sure that was enough to keep him from eating the girl. Guess they'd find out.

"Fiore," a voice interrupted from the doorway.

Lily glanced over to see Demetri hovering in the opening. "What's up, Demi?"

"The masters have requested that I remind you to eat. I've also left correspondence on your desk that they wish you to see to. Nothing pressing, they said."

Her mates were always reminding her to feed, even if she'd done so only hours before. She thought it was sweet. They'd also been making themselves scarce since the arrival of her siblings. She missed them.

"What are the five of you up to?" she asked, referring to the five members of her personal guard. Besides the elite four, the kings had also given her Sebastian, who she often referred to as Demetri Jr. in her head. She wasn't nearly as close with him as the others, but he was friendly enough and her mates trusted him to keep her safe.

Her guard tilted his head and looked her over. "Felix and I are unoccupied at the moment. I'm not entirely certain about the others, but I can find out."

She nodded. "And my mates?"

"The kings are in Master Aro's private office."

Lily hopped to her feet. "Movie in fifteen. I'll tell my mates. You tell the others."

He dipped his head as the corner of his mouth lifted. "Of course, Mistress."

She rolled her eyes. "I'll be right back," she announced to her siblings before flashing to Aro's office. She opened the door even as she knocked.

All three men looked up in surprise, smiles covering their faces as they spotted her. A second later, she was wrapped in Caius' arms. She buried her head in his chest and looped her arms around his waist. "Hi." Her voice was muffled against her mate drawing small laughs from all of them.

Caius kissed her temple before spinning her into Marcus' waiting embrace. "Hello, mia regina."

Again, Liliana nuzzled into his chest. She'd missed cuddling with them while her siblings were here. Another beat and she was pulled into Aro's side. His hand kept hold of hers while he read her thoughts of everything she and the Cullens had been up to. When he got to the reason for her visit, his smile widened. "It seems that our mate wishes us to join her family and guard in watching a movie."

"Technically, I wish you to join me for cuddles. But my siblings and the guard will be there, yes."

Aro lifted her hand to his mouth and pressed a kiss against her wrist. "How could we possibly refuse such a lovely invitation?"

Without warning, Caius swept her up in his arms and swung her around so she could ride on his back. She squealed followed by a laugh as she looped her arms around his neck. He carried her to his room at human speed, dropping her onto the bed as he passed by. She bounced and laughed again.

When he emerged from the closet, he was dressed in only a pair of sweats. His t-shirt was in hand but he hadn't slipped it on yet. Lily's laughter faded as she sat up and ran her eyes over him. Gods, he was gorgeous. Caius tugged on his shirt, obstructing her view of his chest. He smirked as he sauntered over to her.

He leaned over her, arms braced on either side of her as he captured her lips with his. "Like what you see, little one?"

She bit her lip with a nod. "How could I not?" she whispered against his lips.

He kissed her again, slow and sweet, before sweeping her up into his arms. "Come. The others are waiting."

"Caius Volturi, you are a tease."

He grinned and lowered his mouth to her ear. "I assure you, cuoro mio, you may have me whenever you wish."

Before she could respond, they arrived back in the theater room. Her other mates had also changed into casual clothing, though they'd opted for jeans over sweats. They were already situated in the middle of the front with a space open between them. Caius dropped her into her spot and sat on the floor in front of her.

"I come with offerings for regina dei fiore," Demetri said with a flourish as he entered the room. He presented her with a tray of smoothies.

Liliana made a show of choosing one. "I find your offering acceptable, peasant."

The guard grinned. "You humble me, Mistress." He proceeded to pass out the rest of the drinks while Lily got the movie started. By the time the opening credits filled the screen, she had her head in Marcus' lap and her feet in Aro's. She idly played with Caius' hair while they watched. None of them were aware of the eyes that strayed to them repeatedly during the movie.

***

Liliana and the Cullens were gathered in the garage preparing to separate once more. Edward leaned against the side of the car with his hands in his pockets as he looked her over. "Any doubts I had that you belonged here are long gone, sis. You were born for this."

Her nose scrunched up in disbelief and she shook her head. "I belong with my mates. I don't know about the rest of it. I am in so far over my head. I don't think I'm queen material."

Jasper huffed a laugh. "You've always been a queen, it's just official now."

She rolled her eyes and pulled him into a hug. "You're such a sap." They held each other for a long time. "Don't be a stranger, Jasper. It hurts when we're apart for too long."

"I know, princess. I'll do my best."

He stepped back and Alice took his place. The women embraced. "I am so happy that you're happy, Lils. You'll be fantastic at all of this. Just you wait and see."

Edward stepped forward then. "She already is. They respect you and not just because of the kings."

Lily frowned in question.

He chuckled. "You don't see it because it's not in your nature to see it. But I did. The way they approached you, the way they watch you when you pass by. They like you, Lily and that has nothing to do with your mates."

Gods, she hoped he was right. She so wanted to succeed in this role, to make her mates proud. She threw her arms around him. "Thanks, Eddie. I needed to hear that."

"You're welcome, little sister."

After another round of hugs and promises to see each other again soon, her siblings left. She stood in the shade watching until she could no longer see the car. When she returned to the interior of the castle, she immediately sought out her mates. She found them gathered around a table in the throne room.

She moved to Aro's side and he pushed back from the table to give her room. She settled on his lap and ran her gaze over the documents on the table so she'd know what they were discussing.

"Did you see your siblings off, dolcezza?" Marcus asked, his crimson eyes studying her.

"I did." She gave him a small smile.

Aro's hand laid on her knee and his thumb ran small circles over her skin. "It's okay to be sad, my love."

She hummed in agreement. "Of course, I'll miss them, but I'll be fine. I have you three after all. How could I possibly be anything other than content?"