Chapter 5: Here comes the devil

Have you ever been in a situation when you didn't know what was going on in the minds of others? Well how lucky I am that I got that position now... Thank you God.

Carter started shooting glare in my way,
technically it wasn't for me, it was for the guy behind me so yup that lucky guy is Ryan. 'clapping'

When Carter entered, he suddenly became so furious that he would throw Ryan and beat him until he looked like a zombie, but please cut out eating the dead human.

But soon Joshua arrives, then he puts his hand on Carter's shoulder, and leads him to the back seat of the parlor, and Carter has been throwing daggers our way ever since. Since then I feel like a clueless person here who has no clue what is going on but everyone else is enjoying themselves.

Because Carter is doing what he's been doing since entering here, and Joshua has both his hands folded  on his chest and the biggest grin on his face like the Cheshire Cat, as if he's enjoying some show here. If I had known what was going on, I would have been enjoying it like Josh, with popcorn.

And Ryan I thought he'd be angry, or scared or whatever, but I didn't expect him to smile. Doesn't this boy feel scared? The dreaded devil is looking at him angrily and he is smiling.

When I asked Ryan what was going on here, he said that he found a new topic to tease me . He winked and  went back to making the order, for the few people who were here. Yes Ryan is a pizza maker here. I also cook pizza sometimes but mostly Ryan cooks. I'm lazy one here... Hehe.

But after this, Carter becomes even more angry for whatever he was already angry about. And it looked like he would now pounce on Ryan. Like a lion pouncing on its prey but Joshua said something to him and he calmed down a bit. Thank God Joshua is here otherwise I would have had another bed resting friend.

It seems like everyone here knows what's going on, but no one is good enough to tell me. I feel like a desperate child who wants to know how my siblings came out of my mother's womb. Mother never told me though

I have a theory, I think Carter is playing my brother here, that's why he's behaving so weird. Also think about why he would do this, and if Bryan was here he would behave the same because he hasn't met Ryan yet because it's only been a few days since I've been on this job. And he was with Carter all this time, all he knew was that I started doing this thing. And if he sees any guy with me, he gets into full protective mode. My sweet brother. *Insert eye roll*

Thinking about Bryan, where he is, he didn't come with them. Because all these people are always together. Yeah you heard it right, always like I said they were with Carter because he couldn't leave his house due to him being grounded, so they decided to be with him so he wouldn't feel lonely. Sometimes I feel jealous of the bond they have.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked Ryan because now I want to know what's going on. This is seriously frustrating or I say trusfrated. "Oh my dear Anna, I knew you were just dumb, but I didn't know you were extremely dumb of obvious things." he said, patting my hair like I'm a fucking puppy.

I slapped his hand, I was about to speak to him. When I looked at Ryan's back, I saw Cater standing there with a murderous expression. Told you devil, I passed an annoyingly smirking ryan and turned to Carter, he came for his order, I guess.

"Hey, ready to order" I said to Carter with an innocent smile, which screams 'please don't kill me, I'm innocent'. "Yes I am," he said and clenched his jaw when he saw someone behind me or I say ryan.
Has he got a crush on Ryan?

I should have known that he is interested in boys, umm which explains his lack of interest in girls. Coz like I already told you he's the Prince Charming of our school, but Carter hasn't dated anyone, not even the hot cheerleader who basically drools over him. At first I thought He's not interested, but, oh boy.

"So what's your order?" I said. "Two double pepperoni pizzas with coke please" said Carter and smiled at me, his whole demeanor maybe because he didn't want to show that he was jealous or that he was into boys and I was his friend's little sister and he Didn't want things to get awkward, so I guess, I'm a safe and confused yippie.

"Roger that'' I said and chuckled. To my surprise, he too smiled but disappeared as soon as someone spoke. "Hey cupcakes, give me that order, it's my time to get down to work," Ryan said and winked, and smirked at Carter before turning to the kitchen.

Well okay, now this is getting officially weird and I have as many theories of these two as anyone has from Marvel movies.

But I still suggest that if Ryan wants to live long and be safe, he should stop pressing the buttons of the devil standing right here, maybe then Carter will have mercy on him and forgive him.

"Hey Anna, why don't you sit down with us and enjoy for a while? My treat". Carter said. Umm tempting.

I turned to Ryan and asked if I could because the parlor isn't overcrowded today. I looked at Ryan with pleading eyes and a very irresistible pout, thinking he would say no, but no he nodded as yes and said he had no problem bastard.

"And can you add a double cheese pizza and an iced tea to our order?" Carter said to Ryan with a very business- ish voice and a very straight face when placing his extra order or my order.

"Of course, Anna, you go ahead, enjoy and I will get your order in no time". replied Ryan and went into the kitchen.

"Ice Tea hmm, I'm wondering who this is for" I tease Carter because he knows my order, yes I know I'm playing with fire here but sometimes I like to tease Carter.

It's funny and I wait until he starting to get angry. But lucky me he never got angry but teased me back  the power of being his friend's sis but still I don't want to take the risk.

This is also one of those rare times when we both talk.

"Well, you can't eat from our order, so I'll have to order some for you too, so we can eat our respectfully, good idea right," he said and smirked. "Should I be worried that you already know my order?" I tease. "No, there's no need, come now, you must be feeling tired standing here for a long time," he said.

"No, I'm not. I came here only half an hour ago and I have worked here for a week, now I'm used to standing here for hours." I said proudly but felt warmth in my heart that he cares for me, don't know why but I liked it.

"I just went for a bloody week and all this happened" he murmured. Interestingly enough, after the fight, Carter was grounded in his home by his mother for a week. He could only go to school and then go straight to his room nowhere else, and he had to do all the dishes and cook for a week as a punishment. But this made his housekeeper very happy because they were given leave because of Carter, they even thanked Carter for this.

Seriously, I really tried not to laugh when Bryan told me about his *punishments*, but boy Carter's mom is lit, she always punishes him if he ever did something wrong.

Wait, let me tell you a funny anecdote from last Christmas.

______________________________________

Here comes the new update.

Sorry for being lazy ass, I'm gonna update it regularly now Pinky Promise.

My lazy ass: Are you sure.

Me: Yes I will. "in full confidence"

My lazy ass: "Chewing chips with skeptical eyes" we'll see.

See you soon 🌝.

I have a surprise for all of you 🤫