Chapter 18: Hold me tight.

He is caring, charming, considerate and he is so handsome. But I am still confused as to what answer I should give to him. It is true that he is still a mystery to me but I am not sure now.

What if we became a couple and his crazy fan girls tried to bully me? I can't escape them even if I try. They are many in number.

And what would people say, Carter is a charming and wonderful person and me, I am a potato. Good for nothing.

I am not a good match for him. People would think that Carter made a mistake in choosing me as his girlfriend, he would be humiliated by me. When people see us together I know how much they are going to judge.

You can ignore some but when everyone starts judging you, you feel hurt and you don't feel happy anymore, then I don't want that. This will stress me out despite being happy with Carter.

I don't care that much about people but what about my own brother he is so protective and doesn't like any guy around me, not even Aiden.

What he's going to think is that I will go to his best friend and date him. I don't want to be someone who comes between my brother and his best friend, let's not forget that Carter's family is our family friend.

It's so messy, why do I have to deal with it? Can't he just be a normal guy instead of being popular. And not my brother's friend, God is never going to give me a normal life.

I love to spend time with this new carter but we have nothing in common. We are like the two banks of a river that can never meet.

"Hey, where are you lost babygirl?" Leah snapped me out of my thoughts as she sat at the table next to me in our first class. Since I came quite early and started thinking of all the thoughts that linger in my mind all night.

"Nothing, you're late Missy" I glared at her. She had promised that she would meet me in the hallway but she was late.

"Sorry, my little sister got up late and I had to drop her school, so" she gave me her puppy eyes. Who can ignore those cute eyes, not me. "Don't do that, it's gross," I said and she laughed.

"So where were you lost, thinking of a certain Prince Charming" How she came to know that it is no longer a mystery to me.

"I was just thinking".

"About Carter right, I see someone is falling for his charm, you don't have to hide from me, missy" I glared at her.

"I wasn't thinking about him" I lied.

"The blush on your face tells a different story" she smirks. "bitch". I rolled my eyes and can't deny that my cheeks are bloody red now.

"Tell me about your 'thinking' in the canteen, I'm waiting," she said and corrected her posture as our teacher entered.

Wow this girl looks like it's an obedient schoolgirl who didn't tease me a few seconds ago. She winked and turned her attention back to the boring lecture.

In the canteen I saw Carter watching me from his table, he smiled and I couldn't help but smile back. But then I immediately turned my face as I saw his fangirls come, I don't want to be a victim. But to my luck Leah saw all this change of smiles.

She didn't say anything but raised her eyebrows and had a spoon in her mouth. If there was a boy in front of us, I would've thought it was Leah's trick to seduce him.

It's just her way of telling me to explain what just happened. But then Aiden comes over to our table and I tell her 'later', because she also knows that Aiden can't hear anything about Carter without spoiling his own mood.