You freed Me

"Whee, there you are Mae, it's going to be so much fun" Lillian squealed as she jumped from her bar stool to hug Mae "Aren't you excited for today we're gonna see out first comet Mae, I'm glad you're here" Lillian was so relieved to see her old friend by her side after she'd gone missing, Mae had chopped her hair and had a pixie cut that made her look even prettier and daintier , she still had that funny bone but Lillian could still see sadness in her eyes.
Their other friends joined them Emmet, Leonard, James and Tim...John, Lillian's fiancee who worked in the special forces and was an agent for the president."Meet my friend Mr. Valiant Thor he's gonna join us for the trip "Hi , You can call me Val I'll be joining you guys if you don't mind" Lillian smiles"Ofcourse you can , the more the merrier... right folks"His charm caught hold of everyone except Mae who wasn't surprised at all and just kept going on with her drink.
Everybody stumbled out of the bar including Mae who was know poking her finger at Thor "Just who do you think you are !!!! Huh making me go through all that and not getting rid of me"Mae cried "I like like you sooo much Val you're so handsome but I never got to tell you Val"she cupped her hands on is face and stared dreamily at him everyone was too drunk to notice except for Lillian and John who were now pulling Mae away from Val "You're not going to get away with this ok Val!!!!"Mae screams.
They all head into the trailer and Mae is firmly strapped in the front seat dozing off in no time.
Val just stares at her as they drive away from the capital to smaller towns towards their destination.