Last Goodbye

Mae laughs with Lillian in a room full of people celebrating a secret cause....( Moving the extraterrestrials away to area 51) Mae isn't seeming to recover, but she's happy today... happy that she's finally going to move on and be normal again, but it seems too late as she looks at her bionic arm, she can feel the damage on her, but has no regrets.
There were many important people in the large hall. Food is being served every now and then as Mae scouts for Val , he's somewhere she knows even if she can't feel him "Pumpkin spice" she sniffs as she walks through the halls leaving the party behind. A large wooden door opens after mustering all the courage to unlock it she finally breaks through as the rustle of leaves and the Autumn breeze tingles her chin. She steps into the courtyard and there he is Val looking upward at the sky.
She places hand "I found you" "Why are you here" Val faces her. He gives her a wide smile seeming more human and warm "I knew you'd come, well you'd be glad to know I'm leaving the Capitol for Nevada, we're going to set up our base there" Val says "Ohh dad told me too that you'll be gone",Mae smiled They both face each other now, his eyes trail towards her as she glistens with her eye beaming she looks so beautiful that he's almost out of breath.He looks the same however handsome as can be ...they finally hold hands now, knowing their connection they're staring into each other "Well I'm leaving too Val, I'm going to Switzerland to a hospice, the doctor told I've got 3 more months to live ... those tests sure did get a hold of me...It's going to be hard but much better than dying in the hands of your subordinates though" Mae says it without flinching it's as if they've exchanged bodies as Val is too sad to see his special being away from him.
"Val have we ever met before you got here?" Mae asks "I don't remember"Val chokes "Hmm I guess there are some exceptions in this marvelous Commander" "You don't have to be sorry for me Val, you think you're doing the right thing by killing people for saving your own, when I feel sorry for you that you have to go that far to save yourselves" "You know we have something but time will tell Val" Mae is extremely close and she sniffs him "Peaches and Pumpkin spice ... So it's you " Val looks sadly at Mae "Mae I'm sorry" he pulls her close and se wraps her arm around his neck and they kiss. ... Before long Mae pulls away and leaves Val standing there alone.

The End