[5]

(lmao i didn't know what to call this chapter. thanks for 300 reads!!)

Y/n pov

Last night, Mary and I had made a bet. It was a simple one, but still worth trying to win. Whoever was able to feed the cats first didn't have to go get the take out. Sadly, I lost. When I went to the restaurant, I saw the chaotic neighbors again.  They were being loud as usual, so I did my best to avoid them. It's not that I don't like them, it's just the fact that I'm a renowned gambler. I was already in my iconic gambling outfit and mask and I didn't want anyone that liked gambling to come over and talk to me. 

Once I got the food, I went home and gave it to Mary. Then I left for the nearest casino, which is where I am now. I didn't sleep since a lot of people wanted to gamble against me. The 30 people I gambled all bet high amounts. Now I have 2.5 billion yen in my pockets. "It looks like you're all broke now. I'll be taking my leave, then." I got up to leave when a voice spoke up from the crowd. "I'd like to gamble with you." I knew that voice. It was Mary's. She probably noticed that I wasn't home and came looking for me. I turned to look at her. "I guess one more wouldn't hurt. Let's do it." 

~~~~

It was the last round. We had both won four each, making this the 9th round. All the spectators were in awe at how long she's lasted against me. "3... 2... 1..." Mary threw her cards down first whilst yelling 'four of a kind.' I threw mine down as I spoke calmly, "Royal flush." She didn't look devastated as I thought she would. In fact, she congratulated me before pushing the cash my way. 

We walked outside together and I handed her some of the money I won. "You did good, Mary. You're getting better." I smiled at her as I removed my mask. "Thanks, but we're late to school because of you. Just hurry up and put your uniform on so we can go." I sighed knowing she waited for me. She knows she can go by herself in her own car, but she's just been a little clingy ever since the whole housepet situation. 

School still had a few hours left so I decided to pay the student council a visit. 

"Hey, everyone!" I waved at them. "Y/n, we're having a meeting. Did you really need to barge through the door without knocking first?" Sayaka asked me. 

"Yes, yes I did. Anyways, I've got some people I wanted to speak to." I began walking back to the door before realizing I forgot to say something else. "Oh, and before I forget again, I'd like to get to know all of you better. We'll have lots of fun~!" With that, I left the room and went on a search to find the newest students at Hyakkaou. They seemed like fun, so I wanted to learn some more about their family name as well as their history in gambling. 

Unedited
600 words

------------

Short chapter (it's basically just a filler) because I've been typing a different reader insert/ x reader fanfic. It's still in my drafts, but I'm thinking about posting it since there's 10 and a half chapters already. Once I read through it again, I'll probably publish it. Anyways, I hope to get the next chapter of this one out soon. Thanks again for 300 reads~!