Chapter 3

Reader POV:

A few hours in school already, and I'm still struggling with this stupid test!

"Crap! I'm going to fail this," I whispered to myself quietly.

"Hey, are you ok?" Asked Ian.

I blushed because I knew he heard me talking to myself.

"Uhm, yes, just the thought of this test is stressing me out a little."

"Don't worry about it", Ian assured me, "These tests aren't that difficult."

"Easy for you to say, you haven't had a month off school." I shrugged.

"Just trust me."

It turns out, I received quite good marks for my test, but it still wasn't what I had expected unfortunately.

"Hey, don't panic, it's just a test." Ian reassured me quietly. "I have an idea, why don't you go to the park with me and my friends to relax, and if I ask, you could come to my house sometime and I can help you with your chemistry. How does that sound?"

"I guess, that would be nice, thank you, Ian, I appreciate it a lot."

"Anything for a friend," he smiled. I felt a tint of red on my face, but it quickly went as I heard the bell for the end of school. Great, hopefully this won't be as bad as lunch, everyone pushing and shoving. I packed my stuff away, and made my way before Ian grabbed my hand.

Ian's POV:

I grabbed her hand before I could think properly, my face felt hot, and quickly let go.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to...do that, I was gonna ask if you wanna come to the park with me and my friends?"

She gave me a concerned look, before sighing deeply, "sure, but it'll be quick, let me call my Mum."

"Great, it's this way," I walked with her to our usual hangout, "so, what do you think about this place so far?"

She shrugged, "I guess it's nice, I would like it more if people would stop looking at me funny, a guy asked me if I was 'part elf' at lunch. I mean, how dumb is that! You don't ask someone their race like that!"

"Don't worry about them, it's just they don't like change." I said.

"Thanks, Ian."

"Anytime."