Chapter 4

Reader POV:

After walking from school for around ten minutes I finally ended up at the park with Ian.

"We're finally here."

"Thank god, I feel I've been walking forever!"

As I walked to a new group, I recognised a few from my class, but, awkwardly enough, they all seemed to be really friendly to me.

"Oh hey, you must be Y/N, I'm Sadalia, I hope we can get along." The girl introduced herself.

"I hope so too." I smiled.

Funnily enough, we talked and laughed for hours, I felt like I belonged there with them, it's the first time I've had that feeling for a while, but, after another hour or so of talking, my Dad texted me to come back home eventually.

"Sorry guys, I have to go and help my parents out at home." I sighed, holding my phone.

"That's a shame," said Sadalia, "but hopefully we'll see you next time."

"I can take you home, it'll be dark soon and it's my way there anyway." Ian said.

After saying goodbye to everyone, we and set off homeward bound. When we finally arrived at my doorstep, I said thanks to Ian for the walk home, and I asked if he was up for chemistry studying at his place.

"Oh yeah, my mom says it's ok for you to come over, she actually can't wait, you're one of the first friends I've brought over in a while."

Wait, did he just say 'friend.'

Ian's POV:

I said that my Mom would be happy for her to come over, she seemed really pleased.

We stared at eachother for a moment, my cheeks flushed slightly so I coughed and said goodbye while walking home.

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow, Ian." I heard her voice in the distance, a smile hit my face.

I can't wait for her to come over, I really want to be good friends. I hope she feels the same.