Chapter 5

Reader POV:

After I helped with clearing up after dinner, I headed to my room to relax after a long, hard, and stressful day, but it wasn't a total loss.

But, the relaxing didn't last long, I  heard my phone buzz on the desk next to my bed. And realised it was Ian, I remembered giving him and his friends my phone number at the park.

Hey, it's me.

Hey, Ian!

Are you up for chemistry tutoring tomorrow, Mom says it's ok.

My parents say it's ok for me to come over, sure can't wait!

Great, I'll see you tomorrow!

See ya!

It's weird, I had this really odd, but nice feeling in my stomach, like butterflies, but multiplying like rabbits. But, I thought nothing of it so I put my phone down, rested my head on the pillow slowly, and went to sleep.

Well, until my sister came into my room to annoy me.

Ian's POV:

After I texted her about tomorrow, I went downstairs for dinner. Barley saw me and lifted me up into a hug.

"Hey, there's my little warrior! What took you so long up there?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing, just texting my new friend." I sat down on the table.

"New friend, are they new to school?" I heard my Mom ask as she put plates on the table.

"Yeah, I actually helped her with school, and she hung out with me and my friends at the park."

"Her? Oooooh." I rolled my eyes as Mom, Barley, and Colt to an extent teased me.

"Stop! It's not like that. Besides, we've just met." I groaned.

"Ok, but what does she look like?" Barley asked.

"Well...."

"Is she an elf?" Mom said.

"No..."

"Is she a mermaid, then that would be difficult going to school." Barley joked.

"Well, no.."

"Is she a centaur? I hope she is." Colt asked.

"No, guys, she's a human." I said, there was a small silence in the room. I got my phone out and showed a picture of her when we were at the park, everyone stared.

"I thought that they all died out." Colt said.

"What? What do you mean by that?" I raised an eyebrow, the three exchanged looks before Barley stood up, and got his Quests of Yore cards out.

"Humans, also known as homo sapiens, lived lives here like us centuries ago, until when magic was introduced, then they moved somewhere else, they didn't like the thought of magic, thought it was dangerous and unnatural. So, they all went, we haven't seen them since so everyone assumed they died."

My eyes widened, does Y/N know about this? Why hadn't she told me?

"Well, she seems nice enough, I'm glad you are making more friends anyway, hopefully I'll see her after school when she comes over." Mom stated.

"She's coming over? This is great, maybe I can ask her questions." Barley put his hand on his chin.

"No, Barley we should treat her with respect. Just make sure she doesn't cause any trouble."  Colt said.

"COLT! Don't say that, I'm sure she's lovely, Ian." Mom slapped Colt's arm.

Now I don't know what to think.