Heroes' Arrival

"I'm going to kill you!"

"Fat chance of that!"

"Dammit!"

"What are you three doing?"

Tony, looked up to see Steve and Bruce behind them. A large crashing sound came from the tv. Tony whipped his head back around to see that Nat pushed his car off the track. He hated Rainbow Road.

Clint smirked at Tony. "You should have been paying attention."

"Shut up Barton."

Right after the command was said an actual crash came from overhead, and it did not sound pretty.

"What the hell was that?" Steve asked as he strapped his shield to his back.

Clint grabbed his bow from the kitchen table while Tony call forward his suit. Nat armed her gauntlets as the five of them rushed to the origin of the noise.

They ran down the hallway to the balcony only to see...

Well this is unexpected. Tony disarmed his repulsers and lifted his face plate to get a better view.

Two beefy dudes in golden armor approached them. Their capes swayed when they walked  and their helmets just barely fit in the archway.

They stopped in front of the Avengers. Gold dude number one said in a booming voice, "The Allfather demands your presence."

Tony stark was not intrigued by either man. Definitely not. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize Howard came back from the dead."

"Not your father, Odin Allfather, King of Asgard."

"Wait a second, Thor's daddy wants us in Asgard?"

"Immediately," Gold Bro number two answered.

"Why?"

"You will be informed of your purpose upon your arrival. We must depart."

Well Tony Stark and Bruce Banner's curiosity surpassed all survival instincts either had and the followed the two without a question. Soon after the remaining avengers followed as well.

They stood upon the tower balcony and a large beam of rainbow light enveloped them. The sensation was not the most pleasant, nor was the hard landing.

Bruce was looking a little green. Nat was going to go try and calm him down when she quickly realized it was a different kind of green.

Nat would help clean that up later.

They looked up and saw a figure similarly dressed to the Gold Bros with dark skin and orange eyes. His breastplate had a large tree engraved in it with a gem positioned in the center. He was holding a sword that was placed in the mechanism Tony assumed was the Bifrost.

"Welcome to Asgard, Avengers. Though it is unfortunate the circumstances you come, I hope that you will find our realm agreeable."

"Unfortunate circumstances... okay that clears up so much." Tony, sarcastic as ever, couldn't help himself.

"You will find out soon enough. Come. Let us take you to the palace." The Gold Bros seemed a lot nicer now than they were on earth.

They all traversed through the vast city, heading straight towards the looming golden palace. It still took an hour to get to their destination. Longer still to find where they were supposed to be within said destination.

They eventually made their way to what the Avengers were told were the Healing Rooms. When they opened the intricately carved doors they did not expect to see what they saw.

The people they assumed were the King and Queen were having a conversation with one of the healers, but the surprising part came when they saw Loki and Thor sitting on one of the beds with Loki tucked under the crook of Thor's arm. Thor's other hand was quietly caressing and cradling the back of Loki's head, in what seemed like an effort to calm him.

Nat batted Clint's hand away when she saw him reaching for his bow.

The opening of the doors made everyone inside look at the group.

Odin walked up to them. "I am Odin, King of Asgard. You are probably wondering why I summoned you here. I-"

He was cut off by the muffled sound of Bruce placing his hand over Tony's mouth to stop his sarcastic retort. He paused for a moment before returning to his speech.

"Thor tells me you are formidable opponents in battle. Not only that but one of you has seen chitauri space. This is a matter of urgency so I ask that you listen closely so I won't have to repeat myself.

The Loki you faced in New York is not the Loki you see now. He was forced to commit the atrocities he did on earth for the safety of others. The thing that forced his hand now wants him and the tesseract as payment for Loki's failed attempt. He has given us few options, none of which we want to do, so we are forced to go to war.

I fear that for too long Asgard has focused on brute force rather than cunning and stealth. Our enemy's number far surpass our own, and the titan himself is unbearably strong.

Your team is not only strong, but smart and crafty, so I am told. These are qualities we will need to win. I was rather hoping that you might teach these skills to Asgard's militia alongside Loki. I believe that together we can overcome this foe."