Hell

TW: Death/Suicide

Tony rushed into the throne room. "I found where the ship is! Let's suit up!"
----------------------------------------------------

Loki woke up with a sharp pain in his stomach as one of the chitauri kicked him. He groaned as the wounds all over his body started to ache once more. He had no idea how long he was there for, but it had felt like weeks. In that time, he had been tortured nonstop until he passed out, including having Proxima shove a feeding tube down his throat so he wouldn't die of starvation.

Loki lifted his head as he heard the sound of chains enter the cell. Six chitauri and The Other stood before him, with two of the Chitauri carrying sets of chains in their arms. The Other said something that Loki couldn't quite make out and the chitauri with the chains went over to the wounded god.

They released the hook from his handcuffs and he immediately dropped to the floor without the hook to support his weight. He felt the chains encircle his ankles, leaving him little room to walk, if he even could at the moment. They then dragged him off of the ground and attached a chain to the collar as well.

Loki blearily looked at The Other through hooded eyes. "I hope you eat shit in hel," he breathed.

The Other smirked. "You first."

The creature walked out of the cell and the chitauri dragged Loki along behind it.

After many winding staircases, the tunnels opened up to a clearing in the ship. Sitting on a metal throne was Thanos, and next to him, his children. Chitauri lined the room and blocked any route of escape. Nebula gave Loki a sad look before turning her head down. Gamora stood before Thanos, looking off in the distance as though she was trying not to focus on what was happening.

Loki was unceremoniously dropped to the ground and he heaved from the impact. Thanos smirked and looked out to his audience.

"Today, a debt will be repaid. Today, balance will be restored. This creature before you has betrayed us! And today, he will know what vengeance tastes like." The titan paused. "But, as a merciful being, I will give him another chance. Loki, son of no one, will you rejoin our ranks?"

Loki gathered every bit of strength he had and pushed himself to his feet. He wobbled under the pain and lightheadedness. He gained his composure and looked the titan in the eye. "I will..."

Thanos smiled, but Loki continued.

"...never join you. You can rot in hel for what you have done to Asgard. I am not your bitch anymore! So, bite me!"

Loki used his surge of adrenaline to break the chains he was bound with and lash out at his guards. He was able to grab one of their guns and shoot at them in turn. He shot at thanos who knocked the blast away with his gauntleted hand. He grabbed loki by the neck as the trickster struggled to get away.

And then he was dropped. He fell into the darkness and woke up to blinding lights. He was back in his cell on Asgard.

Footsteps alerted him to the people outside of the corridor. He saw one of the guards' faces that would pass by every day. He opened his mouth. "Look how far you've fallen."

Then, his face morphed into that of Odin's.
"Such a disappointment."

Then into Thor's
"You will never be worthy."

And into Frigga's.
"I never loved you. How could anyone love a frost giant runt?"

And it all faded once more to the blackness of the Sanctuary. In that moment, every moment since the battle of New York faded into the background, and was replaced with what he had just seen.

Why would they say that? Don't they love me? No, how could anyone love me. It's all an illusion. They would be better off without me.

Loki felt a stinging in his middle finger. His hand wrapped around the sharp, jagged piece, feeling every nook and cranny. His wrists started to hurt a lot. Something warm and viscous dripped down his hands and onto his legs. He heard muffled screaming around him but he couldn't process who it was from. Everything started to swirl around him. Then, as if someone had blown out a torch, his consciousness left him.
----------------------------------------------------
The Avengers, Odin, and Frigga burst into the Sanctuary and froze when they saw what was happening. Loki had taken a sharp rock and slit his wrists. Thor threw mjolnir at Thanos's head with a roar and it exploded upon impact.

Frigga screamed and ran over to Loki as he collapsed. She cradled his head and tried to stay the bleeding with magic. Odin rushed over to them and took Loki up in his arms.

"Starkson! Where is the tesseract?!"

Tony and the Avengers delivered the tesseract to Odin's hands and in a flash, they were all back in Asgard. Odin called for the healers as he lay Loki down on the throne room floor.

Frigga held her son's hand and rested her hand over his heart as she felt it fade.

She felt it as his heart stopped.

She saw his eyes dull before her.

She felt the moment his chest stilled.

Somewhere else, three beings felt it too.

Loki was no more.