Restoration

There was a great feast to celebrate Thanos' elimination and as a last hoorah for the Avengers, who would be leaving the golden realm the next day (though they were reassured over and over again that they were welcome in Asgard anytime they so wish).

Loki was finally pardoned and commemorated as a hero of Asgard and the Nine Realms as a result of his sacrifice. Even so, he still stood to the side of the room as everyone else danced and enjoyed themselves in the great hall. When people passed him, they thanked him for what he did before going back to their own activities.

"You can join them, you know."

Loki turned to the side to see Odin approaching him. "It is because of you they are celebrating, my son."

Loki took in a breath. "I suppose I am not used to being praised so much yet." Odin grimaced for a moment before he saw Loki smiling.

"I am sorry for that."

"It wasn't just you, but your apology is appreciated."

Father and son looked out into the crowds of people dancing and drinking away.

"So, have you selected a maiden to be your queen?"

Loki turned to Odin, startled. Odin smiled at him. "Thor has pined for the mortal Jane Foster for a while, as well as his midgardian friends. I gave him the option of whether or not he wanted the throne, and he said that he did not feel he was capable of protecting the realms from it. He did however, believe that you would be a suitable option. I agreed. So the throne is yours, should you so wish it."

Loki thought for a moment. "You do understand that I would be making a lot of changes around here?"

Odin chuckled. "I'm counting on it. It's time Asgard progresses past the old ways that I was too blind to see were outdated."

Loki nods his consent.

"You still haven't answered my original question, however."

Loki huffed a laugh. "I don't think I am ready for a relationship quite yet. But when I do,  it probably will not be a maiden."

Odin's brow furrowed for a moment before he understood what his son was implying. "In which case, I hope you find a partner worthy enough for you."

Loki smiled. "Thank you father."

------------------------------------------------------

Loki rode his horse into the small stable on the side of the cobblestone road. He gave the stable hand a small gold pouch before dismounting. He walked along the road to an older shop and entered.

"I'll be out in a moment!" Loki heard from the backroom of the store. He smiled and huffed a few laughs as he saw a large figure come out of the backroom carrying 3 large crates. He placed them on the counter before huffing a breath.

"'Ow can I 'elp ya today-" he cut himself off as he saw who was standing at the door. "Loki! 'Ow are ya? We was worried 'bout ya when we 'eard the battle!" He walked over the the youngest prince and stretched his arms around him in a large hug. Loki reciprocated.

"I'm alright. Not dead at least."

Bjorn laughed. "Well tha's good a' least!" He sighed. "So wha' brings ya here?! I though' that a future king might 'ave more to do than be down 'ere with all o' us lowlifes!"

"Well that is actually what I wanted to talk to you about. See, a lot of palace is... outdated we'll say." Bjorn chuckled at that. "So I was wondering if you and you fellow people would like to help me do a bit of remodeling and renovation. I think it's time that asgard appreciates everyone's talents."

Bjorn looked astounded. "O' course we would like to 'elp ya!"

Loki smiled. "And... after everything else is taken care of, I wanted to let you know that the first thing I will be doing once I am king is abolishing the circles of Asgard. Everyone will be able to live with whomever and wherever they wish."

Bjorn had tears in his eyes. "Thank ya, Loki."

"Tis no problem."

-------------------------------------------------------

Loki gasped as he sat straight up in bed. It's been the same dream ever since he was revived.

Blood. Rocks. Titan. Pain in wrists. Screams. Darkness. Nothing.

Loki shook his head as he walked to his washroom and splashed his face with cold water.

"Loki? Are you alright?"

Loki turned to see his mother standing in the doorway.

"I'm alright, Amma. Bad dream."

She sighed. "The same one?"

Loki nodded. She came over and rested her hand on one of his shoulders. "If you ever want to talk about it, you know we are all here for you."

Loki nodded again. "I know. It is nothing more than a ghost of the past."

"Alright. Would you wish to take a walk with me? Clearly neither of us are sleeping tonight."

Loki gave his mother an inquisitive look. She chuckled. "Your father could scare away a horde of bilgesnipe with the way he snores."

Loki laughed. He held out his arm for his mother and they both walked outside the palace to the lake he would always go to as a child. They sat along the water's edge as they gazed up at the stars. Loki looked at his mother and smiled a bit. He was still shaken a bit from the nightmare and she could see it. She wrapped a blanket around the both of them and made gold fireworks shoot out of her palm. Loki did the same as green sparks came out of his. They both watched as their magic intermingled and reflected in the water's surface.

In that moment, Loki knew, everything would be alright.

The End

"What if...."Frigga Stayedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें