Ch. 1 pg. 3

"But I was gonna go to the park." He held out his paw. "Would you like to join? We could have some distance from the others if you're comfortable with that." The others smirked while Flaky was trying to keep herself together. "S-Sure, why not? Hahaha... uh..." She slowly made her paw to his and stood. "So do you want to go now or later?" "Now! Uh n-now seems best while the sun is still out." Flaky thought the sooner they got this over with, the better. Flippy smiled with a bit of concern, but he was happy she agreed to go.

  °I am gonna die. I'm going to die!° Flaky thought to herself. °I should run. Yeah, right now. But he might hunt me down then kill me.° "Woah, watch your head there!" Flippy lifted a tree branch from smacking Flaky's face as she zoned back in, yelped, and curled up in a ball on the sidewalk.

  Flippy opened his eyes to see a frightened porcupine sobbing with her mouth covered. He knelt down and placed his paw on her shoulder for comfort. "Would you like something to eat?" Flaky shivered. "No! Nothing! I just, I wanna go home." She cried. He became sad and worried, but he wanted her to feel and to be safe.

  "Would you like to walk back tog-" "No thanks. I can walk back myself but thanks for the offer!" And just like that, she was gone. "I don't blame her." The bear sighed and walked to his house in the forest.

Word #: 262