Ch. 4 pg. 3

As Panda Mom and Flaky walked to the library, Panda Mom had begun some small talk. "So, how long have you lived here?" "I think my whole life. You?" "I lived here for 2 years, then moved, but here I am moving back to town." Panda Mom laughed a little to herself. Then, Flaky heard the most horrifying sound ever. "We need to go, now!" And she grabbed Panda Mom's wrist. "Woah!" She had caught her hat and held in on her head as Flaky dragged her around. "Why are we in such a rush, Flaky?" "We need to get away, immediately!" But it was too late.

They had came face to face with him.

"O h ,  Y e A h"
Disco Bear murmered.

  "H-Hello, Disco Bear." Flaky nervously waved with her paw low. "Hey, Flaky." He turned his head and met eyes with Panda Mom. "And hello there, gorgeous!" He had practically slid in her face, and kissed the backside of her paw. "Name's Disco Bear. What's yours?" "My name is Panda Mom, and I'd appreciate if you would not do that." She took her hat off and pushed Disco Bear out of the way. "Come one, Flaky. We have a library to get to." And after a minute of walking, they've finally arrived. Flaky pointed to the left. "Children books should be over there." Panda Mom shook paws with Flaky. "I appreciate your help greatly. I'll see you around?" "I guess." Flaky shrugged. The panda smiled and went to the left of the building while Flaky went straight. °Such a polite woman. Okay, I just have to turn this in to Lump-...y?° Flaky was confused to see Flippy at the librarian's desk instead of Lumpy. The bear looked to be stressed as he was massaging the sides of his head in a circular motion.

  "Excuse me? Um, Flippy?" Flippy raised his head to see Flaky in front of him and it had been like his stress had disappeared, as he had took his paws off his head and immediately smiled. "Good morning, Flaky! How has your morning been so far?" "Quite exhausting actually..." "Oh..." Flippy sat there, still guilty of what he had said on the phone. "Listen, I, I just want to say I'm sorry for what I said to you on call earlier." "Flippy, it's alright. You don't have to apologize about that." Flaky awkwardly smiled. Then there was an awkward silence. The 2 animals looked deep into their pie cut eyes, and slowly got closer, leaning in for a kiss.

[Bash!]

  The sound of a book dropping to the floor interrupted them, and they shot back away from each other, both cheeks on both of their faces highlighted with red blush. "So, where's Lumpy?" "Oh, Lumpy doesn't work here unless I can't come in. So, are you turning in or checking out?" "Turning in." Flaky took the book out of her bag and placed it on Flippy's desk. "So, I was thinking..." Flippy said lowly, "well, they're planning this, like, grand opening to a new restaurant in town, and, well," he rubbed his neck. "I mean, if you don't have any other plans at 5:30, maybe you and me could... go together...?" Flaky folded her fingers and twiddled with her thumbs. "Uh... well, the day is still pretty young. So..." She scratched around her collarbone. "We'll see, I guess." The 2 animals smiled awkwardly at each other. "So, I uh-" Flaky began walking back and walked into a open chair. "Uh... I gotta go get Cuddles a new, uh, skateboard." And she walked out, pushing the door behind her.

Word #: 607