|23| 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬

"Daddy!"

"Daddy!"

I smiled as I saw my sons happy face pop up on the phone. "Hey buddy! Daddy misses you so much Kam."

He pouted and nodded. "I miss you daddy. I wanna come with you."

I sighed and shook my head. "Aw I know baby, but daddy is a little busy now. I'll see you real soon though I promise."

The look he gave me could have killed me. His big blue/ green eyes stared back into mine and I could tell he was on the verge of tears.

"Don't cry buddy. Come on, be a big boy for daddy."

Saying that only made him pout more and he threw his head back making his curls fly all over the place.

"Hey, hey Kam no don't do that." Janelle said in a soft tone. She lifted him up in her arms and sighed. "Come on Kameron, let's calm down."

He cried into her shoulder and she then sat the phone down causing me to only stare up at the ceiling.

I place my head into my hands and sighed. Great, now I've upset my son.

"Hey baby, why don't you go in the kitchen with nana and get a snack." I heard Janelle's soft voice say.

There was some background noise and then a few seconds later J's face popped back into the screen.

"How's he been J? And be honest with me."

Janelle shrugged. "He's just been walking around the house asking for you. He always says that he's gonna ride his bike to you." She giggles trying to lighten the mood. But it really didn't help. "Don't even get me started on how he is whenever we see your face in the store or on a magazine."

I was too down about seeing how much my son was missing me. It broke me.

"I know." I sighed deeply. "I hate that my schedule is the way that it is right now."

Not only was the studio time killing me, but I also have back to back meetings and on top of that I was waking up every morning for training sessions. So I was dead tired. But I know I couldn't just abandon my duties as a father.

He needs me and I need to be there for him. No matter what I have going on.

"Y/N don't do that. You can't help that you have to work."

"No, but I can make more time for my own son. He shouldn't be coming second to anything."

Jenelle didn't say anything else so I knew that she agreed with me.

She looked away from the phone for a second and then looked back at me. "Y/N, what's the matter?"

I raised my eyebrow up and shrugged. "What?"

"Don't play with me Y/N. I know you, and I can clearly see that something is bothering you. So you might as well tell me what's up."

The look on her face told me she wasn't about to let up on this conversation.