|29| 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

"Ughh omg, she is so beautiful Y/N

"Ughh omg, she is so beautiful Y/N." Selena said as she gushed over Nalani in my arms.

I had her with me while Nicki got some rest.

"Thanks, so what's up Sel? I know you don't do house calls unless it's something important."

She took a deep breath and smiled at Nalani. "Well I wanted to know how things were going with your therapy sessions?"

"For real Sel?" I asked as I kept Nalani still in my lap. "You couldn't have just called for that."

"Y/N. Just answer the question."

I shrugged. "It's going I guess."

She nodded slowly as she scrolled through her iPad.

"That's good to hear, because you know your coach has been down my back about it. I know he's been down yours as well."

She wasn't lying. Coach is still pissed off about my behavior. Even at practice he's been giving me so much shit. I men's I get that I fucked up... and I happen to keep fucking up. But I'm doing my best.

I nodded and looked down at Nalani who was now standing in my lap.

"Yeah that's the truth, I'm pretty much fucked in that area as of right now."

"Don't say that Y/N. You're not, and things are gonna get better. You know how I know?"

I raised my eyebrow and shrugged. "How Sel?"

"Because you've taken the first steps I'm trying to make a change. That in itself will always make things better." She smiled softly at me as her hand touched mine.

"Thank you Sel, now tell me what it is you're wanting to tell me for real now."

She turned her head at me and looked surprised. "I don't know what you mean Y/N."

I smacked my lips at her and shrugged. "Sure you don't."

I stared at her for a minute and she finally gave in. She groaned and threw her head back.

"Alright, fine. So word got out that you have another child, and we need to move on this quick."

"Move quick on what Sel? I'm not shocked at all that they found out. They always find out some shit."

It did not surprise me at all that the picture found out about Nalani already. So I don't know why she's so surprised about that. I knew it was coming sooner or later.

She sighed and blew a piece of hair out of her face. "Ok look, there maybe something I need you to do for me."

I raised my eyebrows up at her and shrugged. "You know I'll do anything for you. But what is it?"

Selena looked down at her purse and dug out a folder. As soon as she handed it to me I knew what it was.

"A publicity stunt? Oh hell no, Selena you already know how I feel about that shit."