Chapter 2: Travelers From Afar

Liyue - the city of business, trade and bygone gods. It has buildings painted in a stunning red, with lanterns lining the streets and many vendors selling their wares. Merchants came using ships and they were all parked by the harbor. The group entered through a large archway guarded by Millileth soldiers. They weren't exactly as tall and well-built as Beelzebub or Lucifer but the more they looked around, the more soldiers could be spotted. The people here were dressed in traditional clothes, some were simple while others looked exquisite. They crossed a long wooden bridge and finally, into the main part of town. It was surrounded by tall buildings and restaurants. Beel sniffed the air and he beamed, knowing that there was food nearby. 

"Look at this place, it's amazing!" Asmodeus gasped. "There are so many fine looking people here, I can't wait to meet them!" 

"I wonder how much that vase of flowers would cost." Mammon observed from the sides, gazing at a vendor. "They look expensive, maybe I could try stealing one of it. "

"I smell food, where's it coming from? I'm dead starving. " Beel mumbled.

Lucifer gave one hard swipe at all three of them, shutting them up. His expression clearly was annoyed and the three brothers shivered as they looked at him. "Have you really no sense of awareness at all? Please refrain from doing anything unnecessary unless you want me to hang you on that archway and leave you for dead?" 

"No sir." The trio softly murmured and Lucifer groaned. They decided to look around and explore Liyue, being amazed by every single thing. Lucifer and Barbatos lingered by each other's sides and went ahead to find the commission center in Liyue. It wasn't hard to find it and they finally found the guy they needed. 

As they approached the man, he spoke up first. "Ah, there you are! You must be travelers from afar, I reckon? We were expecting your arrival!" Lucifer and Barbatos were confused. They exchanged glances but the man added, "Oh, there's no need to worry. Someone had managed to sense your presence from miles away. They have kindly requested that you and your companions meet him in Liuli Pavilion this moment. "

"Wait, does that mean that he wants to meet us now?" Barbatos asked. Could it be Leviathan? Have they managed to find him that fast? Lucifer called for his brothers and the man showed them the way to the pavilion. They were all excited, being invited guests sure felt different in this world. They walked down a couple more buildings and stopped at a particular spot near the corner that led down to the fishing harbor. There were two people at the sides of the doors. As the group headed up, they were immediately welcomed inside. 

In the center of the pavilion was a man dressed in the most finest of outfits. He had dark brown hair that seemed to fade at the tip. He has brilliant golden eyes that shone like crystal ores and he was gracefully drinking tea. There were food freshly cooked on the table. Looking up, he gestured to the empty seats and smiled warmly. 

"So you're the one that wanted to see us, dang I thought you were-" Mammon was cut off by Lucifer, not wanting him to spill too much information. Mammon winced and glared back as they all took their seats. 

Zhongli chuckled deeply, "I'm afraid I have to disappoint you if I was not the person you'd been thinking about. But my name is Zhongli and I am a consultant at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor."

"Funeral parlor? You work for burials?" Satan noted, picking up his chopsticks. 

"Indeed. I have sensed your arrival and was highly intrigued by wanting to meet you all. I have heard that you have come in search of a lost sibling, no?" Zhongli responded and the whole table fell silent. A bunch of shocked eyes stared back and Barbatos coughed, breaking the tension. 

"Correct, yes. But as of right now, we do not have a clue where he is." He explained on behalf of everyone. "Nor do we know anything about this strange world we're living in. How did you know about that, may I ask? "