Chapter 5: Freeze My Soul

"This is your bloody fault, Beel! " Mammon yelled as he tried to dodge the boar. "Can't you have just avoided the frozen boars?" 

"I didn't know this would happen, ok?" He shouted back. Beel used his flames to lunge an attack at the boar but it merely scratched him. What? Is he really this weak? The boar growled and started to dash to Beel. He stumbled aside and swung his claymore onto his thick muscular body. It hissed and and used his body to wrestle Beel to the ground. Temperatures were dropping and it was starting to freeze them all slowly. 

Lucifer used his Geo to summon a shield and he started attacking the boar, using his polearm to stab it's thick body. Lucifer used the spear of his polearm to jab the boar's eye but it dodged and summoned icicles from above. He looked up to see them falling everywhere and ran away from them. One icicle landed on his shin and he winced in pain at the freezing pain that stung his skin. Mammon and Asmo combined their powers to freeze the boar but it was strong enough to break free. It roared summoned other smaller boars that started attacking the brothers. They got distracted and the large boar ran after Mammon, crashing him against a stone wall. 

"Mammon!" Asmo cried. "Take that, you fat pig!" He used his Hydro abilities to attack the boar furiously but it was not bothered at all. Satan and Barbatos then used their powers, creating a huge reaction. It manage to stun the boar and it was in agony from the super-conduct that happened earlier. Using this chance, Beel used his Pyro infused claymore to deal heavy attacks on the Boar, mercilessly hitting him without stop. Satan continuously stunned the boar with his electro powers and Belphie used Anemo to combine it all together. Lucifer had to conjure shields to protect the demons but they were already badly bruised. Temperatures were even more colder than before and the brothers were desperately trying to kill the boar and get to a torch immediately. 

Just as the boar was incredibly weak in health, Mammon got up once more and used his cryo attack once again. A large blizzard was summoned and it engulfed the boar completely. There were deadly icicles surrounding the blizzard, damaging the Boar's skin constantly. Now that it was cryo infused, Satan summoned an Electro arrow that was twice as large as Beel's claymore, shooting it onto the boar. Lucifer dealt the finishing blow as he summoned a dark eclipse that instantly created a meteor shower of large rocks, falling and hitting the boar. It roared in agony as it fell and disintegrated into ashes. 

The demon brothers dropped down onto the snow, gasping for air. They trembled from the shock and aftermath of a battle. The sub-zero climate snapped them to reality and they quickly got up and left the crater. They walked in silence and was relieved to see a burning torch. They rushed towards it, defrosting some of their hands and feet that were partially frozen. They sat down to catch their breaths from the sudden realization that this world is filled with monsters that won't hesitate to kill them. Not just the little ones that run around, but of course the ones that make you tremble in fear as soon as they awaken. Belphie looked up to see another stranger staring back at them. He had short blonde hair and carried a sketch book. It was too windy to see his face but Belphie knew this wasn't the traveler. 

"Who are you?" He asked the boy who introduced himself as an alchemist of Mondstadt. 

~

"I see you are planning to cross Dragonspine to head to Mondstadt?" Albedo spoke with a calm neutral tone. "If you wish to seek my help for that, then I might oblige. Although this might interfere with my current experiment. "

"So you're an alchemist? Do you think you're also able to help us find our lost sibling?" Beel asked. "We've been traveling for quite a few days now in search of our brother. Have you seen him?" 

"Hmm, I'm afraid not. " He sadly answered. "But if you were to tell me what he looks like, I might be familiar with him. " 

Beel was about to speak but hesitated, looking at Belphie. He then stepped back and gestured his brother to do the talking instead. Belphie then realized what his brother planned to do and agreed. "He has long blonde hair tied in a braid, wears a brown outfit and has a floating companion that follows him everywhere. "