Chapter 3 - Demons, Begone

"So this is the money that Mr.Zhongli gave us?" Lucifer noted as he gazed at the bag of gold coins with the geo sigil on it. "That's more than enough, in my opinion. "

"How do we even use this? How much does one Mora cost? This isn't like Devildom Grimm you know. " Satan answered, picking up a coin to examine it closer. "Well, it's a little heavy so at lest it's real. "

"What's with the trust issues, Satan, you know Mr.Zhongli would never lie to us like that." Mammon replied. "As much as I wish I could have this all for myself, he told us to distribute the money so let's do that. "

"Oh, that's so generous of you Mammon, are you finally getting a change of heart?" Asmodeus happily teased, earning a growl from his older brother. "I like where this is going. " The demons shared the Mora to each other equally. Barbatos then mentioned that in order to not spend it all, they should be sharing the payment as well and they all agreed. Just then, Asmo was feeling hungry so he left the room and walked down to the kitchen for a snack. The chef is busy but he didn't mind the guests grabbing a quick bite to eat, especially travelers. Asmodeus was about to start eating a Sunsettia when he heard an angry growl from behind. 

He went to the source of the noise and spot a short looking boy wearing a mask and holding a large green spear. He had black clouds of dark energy around him and within a split second, the boy lunged at Asmo. The demon cried, dropping his fruit and running back up the stairs. The chef was startled as the short boy dashed towards Asmo with frightening speed. What is this scary looking gremlin? It's chasing after me! Is that a ghost? Asmo was pale with fear as he ran out to the balcony and climbed over the edge, onto the roof. He was cornered and the angry looking boy jumped over, pointing his spear at Asmo. 

"You demons have no right to wander around here." He growled, his voice husky and strained. "As long as I scour the lands and guard this world, no demons shall have the freedom to live, being the invasive vermin they are."

'Vermin? In case you didn't know, I'm a traveler!" Asmo snapped angrily. "What makes you think I'm a demon, you little dwarf?" Asmo then quickly realized what the boy meant and he stopped, his eyes dreaded with fear. He's not gonna kill me, is he?

The conqueror of demons grabbed Asmo by the collar and dangled him by the edge, the sharp end of his spear digging deep into his pale neck. "Confess once more, demon. If you are actually in possession of this human vessel, I suggest you leave before I purge you into the dark abyss where you belong. "

Asmo held his hands up defensively. "Wait wait listen, I'm not possessed, you're getting the wrong understanding! Let me go!"

"Quiet, you monster!" Xiao hissed and tightened his grip. "If you're being so stubborn to confess of your heinous crimes, I shall purge you now!" As Xiao lifted his spear towards Asmo, there was a cry from behind. Asmo, who had his eyes shut in fear, slowly cracked it open to see Verr Goldet at the edge of the balcony. 

"Xiao, stop!" She yelled. "He's a traveler brought here by Mr.Zhongli, don't kill him! He's innocent!" 

"Innocent? He is tainted by strong demonic energy and you're allowing this creature to run amok in Wangshu Inn?" Xiao asked in disbelief. "Such insanity!" 

Verr Goldet was blinking fast but she quickly explained, "I don't know what you're talking about Xiao. But they have not done anything wrong. They just dropped by in search for shelter so they can continue their travels to find their lost sibling. I had agreed to a contract with Mr.Zhongli that no harm should come to them despite what their true nature is. "

Xiao paused, the wheels in his head moving. "So Mr.Zhongli agreed to this? Hmph.....fine then, consider it lucky that I'm sparing your life, demon. " Xiao then shoved his spear into the side of Asmo's neck, his voice laced with a dangerous warning. "But if you ever have the audacity to cross the line, I will not hesitate to put a chain of thorns around your neck. "