Hashira rank

"Ink breathing: first form: splattered writing"

Y/n cut off the demon's head, swathing their blade, they walked back towards the demon, smiling down at him, kneeling by his body, y/n stared at the disintegrating body, sighing tiredly to themselves, y/n walked out of the woods, stretching their arms.

"CAW!! REPORT TO THE UBAYASHIKI ESTATE!!" A crow appeared from the sky, flapping it's wings beside them, y/n glanced at the crow, and nodded picking up the pace.

After a few hours of sprinting, y/n had finally arrived at the estate, walking past the wooden gates, they entered a stone garden, looking around the garden, y/n spotted Kaguya sitting beside a woman, immediately hiding behind a tree, y/n eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Okayata-sama, we are to be engaged in a month, so I ask if you to put aside your feelings for.." she trailed off, "the demon slayer always by your side" she finished looking at him.

Kaguya looked at the woman sitting across him, playing with his thumbs, he gave her a gentle smile, "I believe I cannot do that" he told her, standing up he left the patio, leaving behind an upset woman.

Y/n leaned against the gate and sighed, rubbing their eyes, "It seems you have arrived Y/n", startled at the sudden sound, Y/n turned their head, and saw Kaguya smiling at them. Greeting him, Y/n bowed their head down, he looked at them in surprise, before blushing at their action, he patted their head, "There's no need Y/n, we've known each other long enough" he assured them, Y/n looked at him, "I'm still a rank below you, and plus you're getting engaged soon" they continued, "it'd be improper for us to act informal with each other".

Hearing those words Kaguya stared at them, wide eyed, Y/n stared back at him, he then shook his head, "I've already given you permission" he told them, bringing his hands to their shoulder, wrapping them around them, smiling at their warmth, "so there's no need for formalities" he whispered in their ear, caressing their hair gently, burying his face into their shoulder.

They stared at the top of his head and sighed, patting his head, "What did you call me here for, Kaguya?" They asked the male, pulling down their hand, he looked up at them, and answered "I wanted to assign you the rank of hashira".