Duty comes before the heart

The sound of the leaves crunching was heard through out the forest, a black haired man was walking through it, half of his face decayed, one of his eyes being blind, and beside him a white haired girl, that walked alongside him.

A crow flew in, landing on a tree branch, Kaguya turned to look at the crow, a gentle smile on his face, "CAW THE INK HASHIRA HAS NO MESSAGES FOR YOU CAW" the crow talked, flapping its wings as it did.

A frown has graced his face, "I see, Hinaki let's head back" he patted her head, walking back to the compound, the little girl sprinted towards him, holding tightly on to his hand. Observing her father's face as it was twisted into a sad frown.

Wondering what had made her father upset, the girl tried her best to cheer him up on the way home.

In the nearest town was h/c slayer, who was looking through hairpins, "Obanai, which one do you like?" They asked the black haired boy, leaning towards him placing a wisteria hair pin in front of his face. "Whichever one you pick will be fine" he replied, his face flushing from the close proximity.

"I like the clover one better" they hummed, placing back the hairpin and picking another one, "Ma'am I'd like to buy this" turning to the owner of the stall, they handed her the hair pin to be packaged up.

After paying the owner, the pair entered a restaurant, "DELICIOUS!!". A large yell was heard through out the restaurant, the pair turned their heads towards the sound, seeing a certain flame haired slayer.

"Ah, Kyojuro!" Y/n waved towards the boy, dragging alongside them a flustered Iguro. The yelling boy stopped his actions, and turned his head towards the pair, still eating his bowl of food.

"Y/n and Iguro what a surprise to see you!" He greeted the pair, a large grin on his face. "You too Kyojuro". Sliding into the seat across the him, Iguro quickly shifting into the spot next to them.

A waiter came to the table, "What would you like to order?" The waiter asked with a polite smile, "I'm not going to get anything, how about you   Y/n?" Iguro asked the hashira next to him, shifting closer to them without realizing.

"I'll have one beef bowl" they told the waiter, the waiter nodded, taking the order down and walking away. The three conversed with each other, talking about their missions.

After a while, Y/n's food arrived, after saying their thank you, they dug in savoring the taste of the meat. While they were eating, Kyojuro had finished another two bowls, and Iguro was busy taking to Kabumaru.

After finishing their meals together, they said their farewells and went different paths, waving goodbye to the two, Y/n headed back to headquarters, ready to take a rest for the next few days.

After sprinting towards their estate they entered, greeting the kakushis inside, that were cleaning the place up, ready to take a nap, Y/n headed towards their rooms, sliding past many shoji doors.

Arriving at their room, they took off the top their uniform, stretching their sore arm. Getting rid of the rest of their uniform they went to take a bath.

Laying in the wooden tub, they let out a sigh, closing their eyes and dozing off a bit. Before falling asleep in the tub.