[10] Terror in the Mirror

It's dark. I can't see anything. The room grows darker the more I look around. Where am I? A dim light shines above and I lift my head. It flickers twice. The room starts to glow and I glance down at myself. I'm wearing a black tank top and blue gym shorts, barefoot. I recognize these clothes. The ground is cold. A second light turns on, illuminating a long, narrow hallway. With each step another light glows. I keep walking until I reach the end of the hallway.

There's a mirror on the wall. A sad reflection stares back at me. My hair is tied back into a messy bun, tangled strands framing my pale and frightened face. I blink and my clothes are gone. I'm naked. Bruises start forming on my body, along my jaw, wrists, and then between my legs. Blood runs down my thighs and soon out of my trembling lips. I close my eyes and turn away. I can't look anymore. When I open my eyes there's another mirror, another naked me. Mirrors surround me and now all I can do is watch as ten beaten up reflections stare with dead eyes.

One of the reflections scream and I turn to look at her. She's different from the rest, crying and shaking violently as she gasps for air as she holds her arms to her chest. Her eyes close tight as she whispers, "Stop! Just stop. God, make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Please." Her eyes snap open and meet mine immediately. I want to hug her. "I don't want this. Why are you doing this to me? Why? God, please help me!" I place a gentle hand against the cool glass.

My reflection is normal again. I stare at myself and rest my arms by my sides. Blank ink starts forming on my skin, spelling out words. Slut. Whore. Attention Seeker. Fat. Ugly. Desperate. Tramp. All over my chest, arms, legs those words repeat over and over. Small voices whisper in my ear. It sounds like me. A word forms across my throat, bold in big black letter that stand out from the rest.

LIAR

I'm a liar. A shadow passes by and stands behind me in the mirror. I turn around and my eyes widen. It's Paul. He's here, standing there with that same stupid grin I want to smack off his face. The dim light above reflects off the blade he's holding as he takes the knife and stabs me.