Prologue

Meredith Eaton 

(I'm using, singer Connie Talbot to portray Meredith) 

It will be ok, I tell myself everyday. it will be ok.

I'm Meredith Eaton, I'm 16.

I'm a bubbly, hyper, adventurous, crazy, weird, loud teenage girl. To everyone I seem like the perfect Abnegation. Kind, selfless, happy. But really that is all an act, I hate it here, with my father. I put on a big girl face when I'm out in the open so that my father has nothing to punish me for, but once we are in closed walls, I am farthest thing from abnegation. I'm so curious and crazy, I don't know when to shut up. And it gets me into a lot of trouble from my father.

Now the whole happy thing isn't a complete act. I am a rather happy person, I love to laugh. But in abnegation we aren't permitted to have fun. So all that crazy is bottled up, I am to just smile and be nice.

I can also be an ass tho, and temperamental, I have a mean streak. I can be sassy, and sarcastic.

I live in a city surrounded by walls that were built by our founders, But they also split us up into 5 groups called factions.

The ones who value knowledge and logic, are Erudite. They know everything. Amity farm the land. They're all about kindness and harmony, always happy. Candor values honesty and order. They tell the truth even when you wish they wouldn't. Dauntless is the protectors, soldiers, and police. They are brave, fearless, and best of all free. People think that they are just crazy and stupid, and I guess in a way they are. But it all depends on your perspective.

Finally the fifth faction is Abnegation, they are selfless and dedicated to help others. They feed the factionless, they are people who don't fit anywhere. Because Abnegations are public servants so they are trusted to run the government. And that is me. The Abnegation girl, or a stiff, as the other factions call us. I was the daughter of the main leader of not just the Abnegation but the whole city.

And I couldn't be more unlucky...