Chapter five- Lead the way

I wake up to metal banging on metal. I open my eyes, Tobias smiles at me, and slips a piece of paper in my hand. I curl my hand around the paper and roll over.

"Everyone has 30 minutes to get dressed, eat breakfast, and in the pit. I woke you up early so you have more time." he yells. I pull my pillow over my head and I moan.

As I start to fall asleep again, suddenly I feel the cold air hit my bare legs. I jolt upright, only to then hit my head.

"Oww" I groan grabbing my head

My three friends laugh at me. I scowl and glare at Noah who has my blanket.

I jump out of my bed and attack him. He catches me easily and laughs, putting me back on my feet.

I slap his arm with my free hand. "Jerk" I say.

He just laughs. I roll my eyes and all of us start to get dressed.

I make sure to turn my back away from them so they don't see the scars and I change quickly then I unfold the paper my brother gave me.

"Hey you coming?" Jace asks

I turn "oh, umm, you go I'll catch up in a second" I say.

They nod and walk off.

I go back to reading the letter.

Mer,

Christina and I talked to Max.

We came up with a plan. Christina will come in telling everyone that Max has decided to do something new. That she is to take one initiate from the transfers and put them with the dauntless born to see how they do through the first part of initiation. She will then pick you and no one will ever suspect anything.

4.

I rip it in pieces so no one else can find it. I then throw it in the garbage.

I run out of the room to catch up with my friends.

When I get to the dinning hall I look around and finally find them. I walk to them and sit next to Noah, punching him in the arm when I sit down.

"Ow, what was that for?" he asks, rubbing his arm.

"This morning" I say, and grab a muffin off the table.

He rolls his eyes. "I saved your ass. You would have fallen asleep and been late" he says taking a bite.

Just then Tris and Tobias sit down next to me. I smile at them picking at my muffin.

I get lost in thought as I eat my muffin slowly. I start to remember last night. I flush red as I remember my embarrassing scene. I'm so happy I don't know who it is, and they don't know who I am.

"Why are you all flushed?" Noah asks, poking my cheek.

I slap his hand away and roll my eyes. "no reason" I say

"Fourrr" Someone says, drawing out his name. I look up and realize it is Eric, he sits between me and four.

I look back down so I can peacefully eat my muffin.

"Four did I tell you?" Eric says in a hush voice, I hear the smugness in his voice.

"About what Eric" Tobias asks annoyed.

"About last night," he says, like it is obvious.

Tobias sighs in frustration "Eric either tell me or go away" he says annoyed

"Well one of the initiates almost fell in the chasm"

My head snaps up, and four seems to be listening better now.