Chapter One

"Do you believe in ghosts?" Draco asked Cassie, who was looking out of the window as the train darted pass the family's on platform nine and three quarters. Cassie looked over to Draco, who sat next Goyle, one of his loyal friends.

"If I did not believe in ghosts I would not believe that the Bloody Baron is our house ghost would I?" Cassie laughed,her long blond locks shifting slightly due to the wind. Everyone stared at her, only to join her bursts of laughter.

"Pansy do you think it is going to be another boring year at Hogwarts?" Goyle asks in his usual tone, which made Pansy roll her eyes.

"Obviously duh" she replied, staring blankly at Goyle, making Blaise laugh underneath his breath. These Slytherin friends were unique in there own way. However they share one characteristic: they were all pureblood.

"How was everyone's summer?" Cassie asks, now reading her book, which was a gift from Pansy for her birthday. Everyone gave her a blank expression, meaning that no one enjoyed there holiday.

"Let's just say that I had a better holiday then Dray"Pansy says, making Cassie concerned for her dear friend. Cassie placed her book on the table, slamming the covers shut. Her eyes darted onto Draco, who looked pale as ever, as if he was turning into a human ghost.

"Dray you ever so pale" Cassie said sweetly, making Draco dart round and meet her bright blue eyes, which changed colour based on emotion. She knew something was wrong, she had a bad feeling shift up her throat.

"Stressful holiday that's why" Draco reply's, which made Blaise look worried for his best friend." Cassie you should not worry about me" he says, making Cassie stand up.

"Your my best friend, of course I fucking care!" She shouted, with people giving her a few looks as if she was a mad man. She sat back down next to Crab and looked back out of the window, tears forming in her eyes.

"We are worried that's all" Blaise says, which closed of that particular conversation. After about an hour,conversation started again, which made everyone excited.

"Did you hear about the new boy"

"What new boy? Cassie asks curiously, darting away from the window to face Pansys round face.

"The one over there"

"Lord have mercy!" Pansy laughs at Cassie's reaction, making Blaise nudge her shoulder. Cassie fixated her eyes on the new boy, whose hair was handsomely black, with curls that stayed still on his head. Cassie noticed a tattoo on his arm, in the shape of a dagger.

"I dare you to ask the new boy his name" Crab says to Cassie, making Goyle and Blaise laugh loudly. Draco gave a death stare at Crab and turned back to the view out of the window which was a lake, indicating Hogwarts was drawing near.

"Hey new boy, what's your name?" Cassie shouted, to make sure he could hear her clearly. He turned around, his brownish eyes fix onto Cassie, making her blush slightly.

"Mattheo Riddle, darling" he says, smirking as he went back to playing with a ring. Draco turned to Cassie,noticing her eyes were changing into a grey colour,indicating that she has a bad feeling about him.

"Cassie your eyes are grey" Draco says, which makes Cassie blink fast to return to her normal colour of blue. "Is there something bad about him?"

"Obviously! He is a Riddle" Pansy says, laughing her head of, holding a bottle of water in her hands,her face glowing in the light.

"If my eyes turn grey, I need to worry" Cassie says, making Goyle look at her in concern, trying to read her body language." The colour grey means he is vulnerable and needs help".

"Why do you need to worry then" Goyle says, poring a drink of juice into his Slytherin water bottle.

"Because he needs my help".