Chapter 2: A Hero's Origin

No One's POV

Location: Queens, New York

Year: 2011

Three years after the events that happened that day with Tony Stark revealing that he was Iron Man. Y/n has been trying every trick in the book to find out if he has any superpowers. One time jumping off the roof of his house to see if he could fly, but only broke his leg and his parents got mad at him as his sister laughed. Y/n's school life did take a turn as he became more interested in the hero's of the world. Many of Y/n's old friends would laugh at how much he loved the hero's, but Y/n never cared thinking that when he became a super herp that would be more people to hide the secret from.

On a bright afternoon, a 14 almost 15-year-old Y/n is walking home from school alone as usual. Sometimes his sister would walk with him feeling a little bad for her younger brother's loneliness. On this day though Y/n walked the streets on a Friday passing by the stores and crossing the streets and stopping in a convenience store to get some snacks since he decided not to eat lunch today.

"How's it goin' Y/n?" A pale white man asked Y/n. "Not much, Mr. Springer," Y/n said looking at the candy there before checking out the other food options that are there. "How's the rest of the family?" The man named Mr. Springer asked again as he ran his fingers through his messy black hair. "They're doin' fine. Eve's doing Eve things. Mom's doing whatever and dad is somewhere on a business trip, like usual." Y/n said whispering the last part.

As Y/n looked around the store 4 men wearing all black clothing walked into the store with all of them holding guns as one of them pointed their gun at the store owner. "Give us all your money!" The robber said as Mr. Springer put his hands in the air with a worried expression on his face as he looked towards the back of the store. One of the robbers noticed and began heading to the back where Y/n was holding out in fear.

Y/n looked down the aisle seeing the man coming towards him making him retreat, but it was too late. The man noticed him and got scared as he fired some shots at Y/n. "The hell are you doing? I told you don't shoot no matter what!" The man who's holding Mr. Springer at gunpoint yelled to the back. The one who shot at Y/n walked over to where he assumed Y/n's dead body would be laying only to see Y/n sitting there still a bit scared with some bullet holes on his shirt.

Out of instinct Y/n got up and punched the man sending him flying into the roof of the store. The other three looked up at the ceiling seeing the accomplice there making them confused. "You two go check that out." What seemed to be their leader ordered. The two walked over there being very cautious. Silently they walked over there one in the front and one in the back. The person walking in the front looked to his left after coming out of the candy aisle seeing Y/n and holding his gun in his direction.

"Stop right there, kid!" The man said as Y/n stared at him no longer having fear in him. Y/n ran towards the man and hit him in the gut sending the man crashing out of the store. The other man who looked as if he was going to pee himself began shooting at Y/n which yet again did nothing as Y/n rushed at him in the blink of any eye. Y/n kicked him to the man who was witnessing everything in the front along with an equally shocked Mr. Springer.

The man at the front was left shaking as Y/n seemingly teleported to him and before he knew it he was knocked out. "Holy shi-" Y/n tried to say as he heard sirens in the distance. "Don't worry about it, kid. There's a backdoor that leads to the back alley. I'll just make something up."

"Thanks, Mr. Springer," Y/n said as he ran out the backdoor making it to the alley, and started running too soon.

When Y/n made it home the sun was already beginning to set. Y/n got to his apartment (I just learned parts of New York are only apartments and not houses. lol) Y/n walked in and saw Eve sitting on the couch as his mom was cooking something. "The hell happened to you?" Eve asked worried looking at her brother. "You know. The regular bullies." Y/n said walking to his room and putting on a shirt.

That night Y/n and the rest of his family excluding his dad ate dinner and had a good time. As night fell Eve and Y/n's mom was sound asleep Y/n was up not wanting to sleep and find out more about the powers he displayed in the store.

Y/n quietly walked out of the apartment and looked up at the night sky. Y/n focused harder than he ever has as he looked into the night sky slowly feeling his feet lift off the ground before quickly falling to the ground again.

"Maybe I've gotta fall from somewhere high up?" Y/n thought out loud as he walked up the stairs to the top floor. Y/n looked down as he lifted himself onto the railing, looking forward knowing that looking down wasn't going to do any justice.

Y/n shakily took a step forward letting his body. Y/n tried to remain calm as he quickly got closer to the ground thinking of all the times he has spent with his family. Y/n closed his eyes bracing for impact, but it never came. Opening his eyes, Y/n saw himself barely not floating above the ground. "WOW!" Y/n yelled out as he started getting higher and stood up straight in the air and began flying around.

Y/n shot up into the air at incredibly fast speeds as he yelled out in joy. Eventually, Y/n got too high up and breathing became more of a problem as he began passing out. Y/n fell to the ground slowly regaining his vision as he saw he was going to land in an abandoned apartment building that's near his. Y/n crashed through the roof of the building tearing most of his clothes off and covering his body in the rubble.

Y/n pushed the rubble off himself and looked at the hole he made through the roof with his normal big smile on his face. "I-I can be a superhero," Y/n said in shock as he lay there looking at the sky through the hole he made seeing a dot that wasn't bright enough to be a star in the sky. Y/n blinked a couple of times and it dissapeared.

Meanwhile...

"So, you've finally got your powers. Soon this will all be ours." The same S/C man with H/C said as he flew off into the distance.