Chapter 13: The Truth Comes Out

Year: 2014

Location: (Y/n)'s House

"Happy Birthday!"

Eve, (M/n), and (F/n) surrounded (Y/n) all wearing party hats. Oh, how time flows by. It was as if just yesterday (Y/n) was fighting with Iron man and Cap in the heart of New york. Now here he is celebrating his 17th birthday party with his family.

"Congrats on 17 years. Man, to be 17 again." Eve said looking at the 17 candles on (Y/n)'s cake with sadness in her eyes.

"You were my age 3 years ago."

"And?" Eve replied bluntly. Even after moving out of the house and getting her own place she still hasn't changed.

As (Y/n), (M/n), and Eve celebrated (F/n) sat there with a lot on his mind. The talks... well arguments between him and Fury were happening more and more often. He spent more time being Omni-Man rather than a family man.

(F/n) only ever made time for Invincible rather than with (Y/n). It was the obvious kind of attention, but no one said much about it.

(Y/n) checked his phone seeing the usual texts from Fury. Danger in a distant country that he had to go resolve.

"I'll be back." (Y/n) said with a groan putting his suit on and flying out the door. This time the location was a random place in Europe.

"I'm going too" (F/n) said quickly chasing after Invincible.

"Some birthday," Eve told her mom sarcastically. They cleaned up the mess made by the party until a knock was heard on the door. Eve walked over to the door and opened it revealing a familiar face.

"Who are you?" Eve asked the bald dark man with an eye patch standing at the door.

"Nick Fury. I work with your son and formally worked with your husband and father." Fury said calmly waiting outside. "May I come in?" Fury asked.

Eve opened the door for Fury since what's there to do if they didn't let him in. He's without a doubt stronger than them. Fury walked in taking a seat on the couch.

"If you work with my son and husb..."

"Used to work with your husband." Fury said cutting off (M/n).

"Used to work with him. Why are you here right now?" (M/n) asked looking Fury up and down a bit scared something wrong had happened.

"If you're wondering nothing has happened to your son." Fury said as (M/n) including Eve let out a sigh of relief. "It's Omni-Man I'm here to talk about." Fury passed. "How long have you known him?"

"32 years now. We met in Junior year of high school." (M/n) said thinking about how fast time flies.

"How long have you known about who he really is?" Fury asked them.

"Going on a year now." (M/n) replied Fury.

"What are you getting at here? What did dad do?" Eve asked Fury.

Fury took a deep sigh and looked at the floor.

"15 years ago there was a... different team. A super team similar to the Avengers except they were unknown to the world. A special group only known by SHIELD. He was one of them."

This made (M/n) and Eve raise an eyebrow.

"That's good right?" (M/n) asked him.

"Why do you think they've never been seen in action besides Omni-Man. Without reason or remorse, the team known as the Guardians of the Globe were killed gruesomely. Every member of the team died except for him."

"Are you saying, my dad?"

"Yes. When SHIELD confronted him about it well, I guess you could say I got lucky." Fury told them pulling down his eye patch showing his disfigured eye that could barely be considered an eye.

(M/n) and Eve both shed tears thinking that their father and husband was a cold-hearted killer. It was hard for them to wrap their heads around. They can only imagine what they were doing right now.

"I know this is a lot to wrap his head around, but we need to get you out of here. He's not going to be happy if he knew I was here."

With (Y/n)

"You alright, son?" (F/n) asked looking at (Y/n) while he slowly flew to his destination.

"Why have you been acting so different lately?" (Y/n) asked not stopping or slowing down.

"Well, I've had a lot on my mind lately. So, I've been taking time to myself to think. Sorry if I haven't been communicating that very well." (F/n) said trying to seem like who was just a few weeks ago. He slowed down his flying and looked at his son. 

"I um... I forgot something at home. I'll be right back." (F/n) dashed back home. Only a red blur was seen through the sky as (F/n) rushed home at his top speed. Once arriving, he saw the door wide open without Eve or (M/n) in the house.

Omni-Man stood in the middle of the room with a scowl. He clenched his fist with an angered look on his face. He took his fist and plunged his fist into his chest taking out the tracker. Then carefully putting his hand in his entire head and taking out the tracker.

The only noise he made was a small grunt. (F/n) walked out the door flying into the air.

With Fury

"Where's he going?" (M/n) asked Fury with worry in her eyes.

"Most likely after your son." Fury said.

"Wait, how can you even know where he's going. He took those trackers out." Eve told Fury.

"I know. The trackers were trackers, but they mainly worked as a distraction. You see, I have eyes everywhere. Those trackers were used to get his attention off my back." Fury said.

On live footage being broadcasted only to them was Omni-Man flying in the direction of (Y/n)

With (Y/n)

(Y/n) flew through the air wondering what possibly could be wrong. Maybe it's something he did. His thought was interrupted by his dad flying up to him with blood coming out of his chest and head, but it was rapidly healing.

"Son, there's something I need to tell you."