Chapter 18: The Orb (GOTG 2014)

"We're being incredibly generous as of right now! How could you deny such an offer?!"

Irani Rael, leader of the Nova Corps sits at a table. Kind of like a round table having some of her most trusted warriors surrounding her. Sitting directly opposite of her was Thragg, leader of the Viltrumite Empire.

"We appreciate you wanting to help us, but we have no interest in working with tyrannical rulers such as yourself," Irani told Thragg. He looked at her with a scowl.

"I have a feeling that you're wrong about that." Thragg to her.

"How so?" Irani asked. 

"Well, the war that looks as if it will never have an end." Thragg pointed out. "And any criminal you want to catch is yours. Lastly, all we want... is your help in catching a few people."

Irani raised an eyebrow. "And who might that be?"
_________________________________________________________

"So where are we right now?" (Y/n) asked. The group was staring at what seemed to be a giant alien head floating in space.

"Knowhere," Gamora spoke up. (Y/n) looked at her with visible confusion.

"Do you mean like the middle of nowhere? Or this place is called 'Knowhere?" he asked. Gamora rolled her eyes at (Y/n)'s question.

"This place is called Knowhere," she told him. "It's the severed head of an ancient celestial being." Gamora took a seat next to Rocket. "Be wary rodent. There are no regulations here."

Rocket scoffed at being called a rodent and flew the ship into the "planet" or whatever it was. (Y/n) looked at the miners continuously digging into the head of the being.

"So, what exactly are they doing here?" (Y/n) asked Gamora.

The group got off the ship and began walking toward her "guy"

"Hundreds of years ago, the Tivian Group sent workers in to mine the organic matter within the skull. Bone, brain tissue, spinal fluid. All rare resources. Highly valued in black markets across the galaxy." Gamora explained. "This place is filled to the brim with outlaws."

Peter let out a small chuckle at that. "Well, I come from a place of outlaws. Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, John Stamos."

"Those are all fictional characters." (Y/n) whispered to Rocket and Groot.

Drax walked up next to Peter. "That much sounds like a place I would enjoy visiting," he told in his usual oblivious tone.

Man, space people are weird.

(Y/n) thought to himself. They all made their way to Gamora's buyer... after having a run-in with a few begging children. Groot kneeled and gave one little girl a flower that sprouted from his hand.

The group looked at the entrance to the buyer's entrance. Several people were standing at the door with one guard throwing everyone away.

"We are to wait here until he's able to see us," Gamora told the group.

"This is no fine establishment," Drax spoke up. "What shall we do while waiting?"
________________________________________________

(Y/n), Rocket, Groot, and Drax all watched on as alien lizards raced a stage. An even bigger lizard chased after it attempting to eat it.

"C'mon!" Rocket said as he got eaten by it. Groot gave a look of shock and disgust looking at the entire event. (Y/n) silently watched on while sipping on space alcohol.

"Let's hope mom doesn't find out." as (Y/n) brought the bottle up to his mouth Drax, with a loud laugh slapped (Y/n) on the back. 

"I win! As I always win in things!" he exclaimed happily. "Now, let's all get more fluids in our bodies!"