⚘2⚘

A/N: aha. trying to get better at writing fight scenes so sorry if it's lame :(

α⚘⚘α

Y/n flinches at the sudden sound of a blaring alarm. She grumbles a few curses and reaches over to her nightstand, grimacing at the light on her phone. She turns the alarm off and sits up. Her eyesight adjusts and she smiles to herself. Right. This is my home now. Sitting there blankly, she blinks herself awake before reluctantly leaving her nest and getting herself ready. She pulls on the uniform and makes a face. She turns in front of the mirror and stares at the skirt adorning her legs.

"'S short but it'll do," she huffs.

Y/n grabs the suitcase carrying her costume and heads for the kitchen. The phone rings as she makes a small breakfast.

"Hello? Y/n-chan?"

Y/n faces the camera and smiles. "Um. Hi, Usagiyama-san."

Rumi's shoulders drop in relief as her red eyes scan Y/n's face. "Rumi is fine. How are you? Did you get some sleep?"

"I did," She shrugs. "Takami came by and helped me nest so I'm feeling a lot better than I expected."

"That's good," she smiles. "You ready for school?"

"I think so," Y/n takes in a spoonful of her cereal. "I've never wanted to be a hero but I guess there's a first for everything."

Rumi grins at her optimism. "You really know how to keep yourself motivated."

"In a way," she gives her a sheepish smile.

Rumi's smile turn sad as she stares at her features. "You look just like your mother, Y/n."

Y/n sucks in a small breath. "Y-Yeah. I've been told."

The two of them sit there in silence for a minute before Rumi clears her throat. "Right. I'm gonna pick you up from school today if that's alright and I'll explain everything. I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up from the hospital last night. Sometimes you just can not get out of paperwork."

Y/n makes a face. "That sounds dreadful."

Rumi snorts. "It is!"

Y/n giggles. "It's fine though. I'll see you later then?"

"Yeah," Rumi smiles at her. "Have a good day, Y/n-chan."

The two of them say their goodbyes and Y/n makes her way to Yuuei. It's a short walk and she can't believe the size of the building. There are students everywhere as well as different scents. Y/n's nose is still a bit sensitive to scents but she manages to wave them off with her wings. She starts up the stairs but trips as someone bumps into her. Arms wrap around her waist and she's swiftly turned and pulled against a broad chest.

"Whoa. Sorry 'bout that. You okay?"

Y/n stares up at the redhead as his scent waves through her nose. He smells like bergamot and cedar wood, a strong alpha scent, and looks like a god. Her inner omega practically foams at the mouth, chanting. Alpha, alpha, alpha, alpha. Present, present for him now! Y/n herself is completely fascinated by the red. His red hair and those piercing red eyes seem to gnaw at her walls.

"I'm fine," she breathes. Y/n gazes up at him with a blush on her face and blurts the first thing that comes to her mind. "You have really pretty eyes."

The alpha blinks then gives her a wide grin, revealing shark-like teeth. Y/n almost whines at the sight. "Thanks. That's the first I've heard that."

"That's dumb," she mutters, adjusting herself as he lets go of her. "You should be told that every day of your life."