«Survival: A Future Book Idea˜

|| I legit made this thing up myself. Please don't take it, if you do want it, ask me, because I really want to make this a book after I finish the current ones I have. Also this is kinda inspired by 60 Seconds (game) ||

-–-–-–-–-––-–-–-–-–-––-–-–-–-–-––-–-–-–-–-––-–-–-–-–-––-–-–-–-–-––-–-–-–-–

*Chop, Chop*

I was simply cutting some vegetables, to make some food. I remembered, that I had to check the time, and turned around, heading to the dining table, pausing my vegetable chopping. I picked up my phone, and turned it on. It was about 8:45 AM. Lunch should be ready by 10 AM, as today I'm not really making anything complicated. The kids were upstairs bathing, and I was waiting for them to send them off to the park. Their friends had called them, asking to hang out at the park, and so I'm taking them there today for a few hours. It's the least I can do, the kids have been bored out of their mind at home, and I think it's about time they go outside for a bit. They need to socialise, like everyone else. I continued shopping my vegetables, and hummed a little tune to myself, to pass the time.

*THUD, THUD, THUD*

I immediately flung my knife to god knows where, and snapped my head in the direction of the noise. "Wha- What in the world was that-!" I then realised the kids might be in danger, and abandoned everything I was doing to go check on them. I raced up the stairs, and went to their room, banging on their door. "Kids! Kids!- Are you okay?!" As I kept yelling, I heard footsteps approach the door. "Yes mom! We're okay! Don't worry, we heard the noise too.. is something happening outside?" I shook my head "I don't know, I haven't checked.. come out here, stay with me okay? I'll check through the window." I could hear some muttering between the siblings, and I stepped back, as they opened the door, and Eisha immediately reached to me, clinging onto me, along with a teared up Blaise. It was blatantly obvious the pair was terrified, so I just pet their head a little. I was getting more and more worried about this situation by the second, I needed to check this out. Who knows what grave danger we could be in?! "O-fo.. Don't worry dears! Come, we'll check outside the window and see what it is, alright? It'll be fine.. hopefully." I whispered the last word, as to not make them even more scared. I carefully walked down the stairs, Blaise and Eisha tagging along by my side. All three of us, went into the kitchen, as i grabbed a pan for self-defence. It was all I had right now, and it should be good enough. I glanced over to the kids. "Just in case someone happens to be here." I motioned them to stay in the kitchen, and be quiet, while I tip-toe to the living room.

I head to the window, and slightly open the curtains to reveal..

Creatures..Monsters..? On our streets? Killing people..?

My eyes widened in shock, I quickly closed the curtains, hiding myself. My breathing got a bit shakier.

"Seems like this is a live or die situation we're in."

The kids clung onto each other, absolutely terrified. They still had no real idea of what was going on, and I was supposed to tell them..