#27: The Moment

"The reason I exist is you,
and the reason I live is to be yours."

~

The night breeze was cool against their skins, the breeze that smelled like expensive perfumes as the couple walked outside the hotel building of the resort on their way to where they would be having their dinner.

Jungkook found himself holding a beer can that he had grabbed from one of those gift shops in the lobby, in an attempt to calm down his nerves that were all over the place.

After leaving the wedding, Jimin kept his word and showed Jungkook around the resort explaining to him in detail about the different overseas branches of Park Hyatt as well as the management and the future projects regarding the resort chains.

Jimin also explained to him how much of the overall property was Jeo's.

Jimin looked so relaxed that his eyes - that usually held raging ice storms - were burning warm. And whenever he would glance at Jungkook the gaze would burn brighter.

Jungkook naturally didn't miss the way Jimin emphasized Jeo as the owner of all this splendor and not his own, hence curiosity got the better of him as he asked, "Do you have anything under your name?"

Jimin paused turning to look back with a small smile, he answered, "None, everything that belongs to me is Jeo's."

Jungkook nodded his mind whirring.

This answered many of his questions like the reason Mr. Park hadn't hesitated to tie Jimin in a marriage to a guy. Now he knew it was because Mr. Park was already aware that Jimin didn't plan on having any more kids.

And he also understood the reason Jimin had preferred Jungkook for Jeo's guardianship and not his brothers because they will eventually get married in the future and have their own families to look after and provide for.

Meanwhile, it was a given that with his sexual orientation, Jungkook won't be having heirs of his own, additionally, he also cared for Jeo.

Thinking this much Jungkook glanced at Jimin walking ahead, he couldn't help but be surprised at Jimin's careful foresight and planning.

Jimin made sure that the way to a comfortable future for Jeo was already paved with or without him, and this caused a pang of sorrow in his chest.

When they entered the building, Jungkook tossed his empty can in a garbage can near the elevator eyes on Jimin's advancing back.

Silently he promised himself that he would protect Jimin at the cost of his own life. And he won't let Jimin regret trusting him with Jeo.

Finally concluding the tour of the resort they finally stepped in the glass elevator for their long-awaited dinner, and for Jungkook, their first date.

Filled with nerves again, Jungkook found himself staring out of the glass elevator watching the glittering lights below, getting smaller and smaller as they went higher until the lights beneath his feet seemed like small colorful bubbles.

He tried not to focus on the fact that he was alone with Jimin in this enclosed space, or focus on a certain man's perfume that had filled the whole elevator with it.

Both of the men rode in relative silence trying not to focus on the other's presence for the 40 something floors, listening to Secret Touch by Snowman.

Finally, the elevator stopped and Jimin typed in a pin before the doors dinged open onto the topmost floor.

He stepped out into what seemed to be an open terrace that had a pool on the left side and warm fire burning in an earthen stove on the right. Surrounding the fire were wooden sofa sets.