#16: Family or Freedom?

"Love ties you down and makes you free."

I started at the steak on my plate and kept staring, before finally giving up and placing the fork and knife down and looking up from my plate to glare at Seokjin.

"Would you stop staring at me? It's freaking me out." I say take all of my irritation out on Seokjin.

"Freaking you out? I think something is wrong with you. Why are you so moody?" Seokjin inquires instead also placing down his chopsticks.

Jimin had left earlier for his flight. We were at Seokjin's house for dinner, me and Jeo. The latter being too busy eating messily while watching a cartoon on the TV.

Namjoon was seated beside SeokJin eating with his IPad on the table reviewing some emails or shit. "Isn't Jungkook being moody Joon?" Seokjin asked and Jungkook shook his head in disbelief when Namjoon nodded, "Yes Jagiya you are right."

"I am not moody." I huffed "and you know Namjoon will blindly agree with anything you say."

"You are acting like a girl on her period," Seokjin reprimanded making a disgusted face.

In all honesty, I was feeling quite a bit grumpy. I was worried about something I couldn't quite place. I felt like something was going to go wrong.

You could say I was feeling anxious. About What? That I did not know. Which led me to be irritated and acting like a girl on her period.

And even though I was feeling miserable I was loathed to agree with Seokjin.

I massaged my temple, and gave Seokjin an unimpressed look, "First, I am not a girl that too on her period. Second, I am eating the food you made what do you expect?"

"I swear to God, Jeon Jungkook!" And that's how I ended up bickering with my brother, hence it was late when Jeo and I got home. Jeo was ready for bed when Jimin called to talk to Jeo. He had also checked into the hotel and was about to get ready for bed.

Once they finished talking I tucked Jeo in and picked out a book to read. As I peered at the boy who was listening to me with huge doe eyes wide.

His eyes were the only thing that must be from his mother because Jimin's eyes were really small. For some reason whenever I looked into Jeo's eyes I just wanted to lay down the whole world for the little boy.

The story I was reading was about this little boy who used to have many dreams and plans for when he would grow up.

But when he finally is old enough to leave and do as he wills, their kingdom declares war and to protect his family the little boy enrolled as a soldier.

Once on the battlefield, he just yearns to run away to a place where he would be free.

One day he comes across a cave where dwells this beautiful princess bound by chains. She promises she would grant him a wish in exchange for something to eat.

The boy could have wished for freedom but he was unable to because he would have had to leave his family behind. And so he wishes instead for the princess to be free.

The princess is freed and it turns the whole war had been over the lost princess. The war ends, she becomes the queen and the little boy becomes her life long partner. And they live happily ever after.

Long after the story is finished. I sit there wondering what I just read. My mind stuck over the words happily ever after.

Did something like that even exist?
He sat there for a long while his mind drifting to the person who broke him apart. Suddenly he realized why he had been feeling anxious.