#30: Sky Blue

"The blue sky above is a witness to the pain that we went through and weeps for the trials yet to come."

~

The sky above Tokyo was a cloudless blue, no sign of the heavy rain from yesterday remained not even a cloud.

Beneath the endless dome of the blue sky, a BMW drove down the street with the steering wheel in Jungkook's hands.

A feeling of anxiety suppressed within his chest. 

Jimin sat on the passenger seat, wearing golden-rimmed round glasses as he once again browsed the internet articles that were exploding with pictures taken of them as they received Mr. and Mrs. Park earlier at the Haneda airport.

In the backseat, sitting in his car seat was Jeo, face pressed against the frosted glass window as he watched the passing Tokyo streets, doe eyes blown to the size of saucers and filled with fascination. As he occasionally asked random questions, as they drove to Narita airport to pick up Seokjin who had arrived not long ago.

"Stop looking at those articles." Anxious Jungkook snatched Jimin's iPad from his hands and handed it to Jeo in the back.

"Hey!" Jimin yelled and Jungkook grabbed his outstretched hand in his free one while Jeo caught the iPad in his small hands and held it out of his father's reach with a mischievous glint in his eyes. 

Jungkook still had his eyes on the road as he held Jimin's hand in his with a light grip not wanting to let go, "Why bother with things that you don't like?"

"Because I need to monitor the Public ratings. Nothing can go wrong before the launch of Jang crops. I have invested a lot of hard work and money in it." Jimin explained but even so his voice was soft watching as Jungkook entwined his fingers and held them over the gearshift.

Yet hidden within the soft blooms of the newfound feelings were the pointed thorns of the past.

Jimin looked away eyes apprehensive.

At one point in his life, Jimin had given up on expecting anything good at all. Strangely he still wasn't anticipating anything good to stay long, and at moments like these gazing at Jungkook, he would feel afraid.

Afraid that this was also temporary. That something so beautiful and pure didn't belong with him.

For the past seven, eight years all Jimin had been trying to do was survive and safeguard his little son from the harsh society they were living in.

He had been alone to the point that he has even forgotten what warmth and genuine concern of another person felt like.

At the moment where he was like a wounded beast whose only instinct was to growl and push everyone away. He had become a person everyone was afraid to even be close to.

And then he had found warmth and security with Jungkook.

And now having gotten a taste of the brightness and warmth he was afraid of the dark he had lived in before.

Afraid that after today, Jungkook would leave him and a greater part of him just wanted to be selfish.

Keep Jungkook in dark and hide him away in a sandcastle.

They got off at the airport and were securely led inside the VIP waiting room where Jimin's brother-in-law was.

They hadn't even stepped into the waiting room and they could already hear the loud laughter and Seokjin's voice as he probably told his dad jokes to the other international passengers with him.