#13: Falling You

"And suddenly it was time to start something new and trust the magic of new beginnings."

~

The sky was filled with broken clouds and everything was still wet since last night's storm but the weather outside was amazing. The sun was shining and it wasn't too cold but refreshingly cool.

In this splendid weather, most of the windows of a certain house in the Goldvine states were all open and the curtains blowing in the gentle winds.

Jungkook was wrapped in a pink apron over his white dress shirt and a maroon vest and similar maroon dress pants he was probably dressed for an office but his jacket was carelessly thrown on the kitchen counter as he stood in front of the stove moving the spatula in the pan as he flipped the pancakes and then put them on a plate placing on the table in front of Jeo.

Jungkook was about to turn around when he realized that Jeo wasn't eating so he frowned, "Something wrong, champ?"

Jeo looked up and then at the empty seat that was to be occupied by Jimin. Jungkook immediately understood the little man's concern and smiled, "Don't worry papa was taking a shower he will be here you can start eating first."

"Uncle kookie?" Jeo called Jungkook hesitantly.

"Yes?" Jungkook turned his full attention to the little boy.

"I want to eat uncle Jin's pancakes."

And Jungkook didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Meanwhile, Jimin stood in front of the mirror as he made his tie, the Bluetooth device in his ear was connected to a call from Jae Eun.

"...make sure you finalize the contract with Mr. Choi before this evening. And make sure to negotiate all the  highlighted points." Still talking Jimin put on his dark blue coat as he moved to the dresser to pick up his wallet and glasses.

But he froze when he opened the drawer and his eyes landed on a certain diamond ring. He hesitated but then he picked it up.

".. Mr. Park? Are you listening?" Jimin was listening but now his mind had wandered to last night as he stared at the ring.

There was no doubt in Jimin's heart about this attraction he felt towards Jungkook. But that didn't mean he wasn't afraid.

Jimin closed his eyes as he held the ring in his hand.

"Jae Eun?" Jimin opened his eyes, "Why do people have to fall in love? Arent, they afraid?"

"..." Jae Eun was rendered speechless. No one could blame her. It was rare to hear Jimin ask something like that and that, too, in a voice full of emotions.

Was Mr. Park in love with someone?

Jae Eun was unable to comprehend the reason so she replied earnestly, "Mr Park let me ask you, what is life without fear? We would be afraid even if we don't love. Why not just take the risk and have someone beside you who will be there to hold you if you fall? Have someone who would make you smile and protect you?"

Jimin was even more confused as he couldn't help but feel fear. He wasn't stupid but he was also new to this. He had never been attracted to anyone like this before.

Then he thought about last night and the promise he made to Jungkook so he carefully placed the ring back in the drawer and picked out a watch instead.

Meanwhile, Jungkook finally sat down with Jeo on the table as Mrs. Lee cleaned after the brunette.

Jeo was giggling as Jungkook joked around.