#32: Happy endings

"Everyone hopes to have a happy ending, but not everyone gets the privilege."

~

Somewhere around Osaka
One day prior

A man dressed anonymously crouched behind the tall truck, eyes on the people who were unloading huge boxes from the truck parked in front of the warehouse entrance, he took out a camera from a backpack and focused the lens on the group of men standing in the distance, all dressed anonymously.

A burly-looking guy who seemed like the one in charge opened one of the boxes, eye glinting he pulled out a sniper rifle from the stack.

Holding the telescope to his eye he zoomed it around and the unknown photographer quickly ducked his head back behind the truck again as the telescope passed over his hiding place.

The man scanned the area with a telescope before stopping on a spot right beside where the photographer was hiding.

And he pulled the trigger.

The whole place was eerily silent until a minute later when a dull thud echoed.

The photographer watched horrified as meters away from him lay a bird on the ground.

Dead.

Fur covered in blood.

The man who had pulled the trigger, smiled with satisfaction, "They won't even know what hit them," he said to the supervisor who had delivered these boxes of ammunition.

The photographer behind the truck exhaled gathering himself before looking out again just in time to capture the exchange of ammunition.

At this moment two more men dressed in black outfits appeared at the other end of the warehouse stealthily hurrying over to where the photographer guy was. 

"Did you take care of everything?" The photographer asked the other two in a low voice, as he quickly stuffed his camera into the bag.

The shorter of the two nodded, "We are done. Call for backup. Our one year of hard work will finally pay off."

*****

T

The cold hallway outside the operating room was full of chaos yet Jungkook could only hear the sound of sirens ringing in his ears as he held his right hand against his chest trying to preserve the ghost of Jimin's hand on his as it slowly drained of warmth.

For him time had stopped at the moment where Jimin had collapsed over him soaked in his own blood.

His heart was shattered like the glass window of the restaurant, bleeding from wounds both old and new. 

He had miserably failed his promise to protect Jimin.

Jungkook's eyes teared up wondering if he would ever get the courage to face Jeo if anything happened to Jimin.

First Jungsoo and now Jimin.

He was the only reason why Jeo would lose both his parents.

He was going insane.

Yet a part of him kept begging God for mercy.

For a miracle.