#4: Park Jeo Jang

"Family is not an important thing, its everything."

~

It was silent and beautiful. The sky was calm, the wind soothing and the presence of the happy kid made everything more fantastic.

Jungkook stood beside Jimin their eyes fixed on Jeo Jang who was running about the balcony excitedly.

"How old is he?" Jungkook asked still trying to wrap his head around the fact that he would be getting married to a man who already had a son.

"He turns seven in a month."
Jungkook nodded and smiled. One more month.

"He is mature for his age." Jungkook smiled as the kid came to him and handed him a flower he plucked from one of the pots displayed on the balcony.

"Yeah he has faced a lot." Jimin stated as he knelt down to straighten Jeo's clothes.

Jungkook frowned. What could have a kid faced at such a young age? Did Jimin mean his mom? Or something else?

Is that the reason he was so overprotective?

To Jungkook, Jimin seemed to be everything that his own father never was. Caring, passionate, loving, and understanding.

Jimin was cold and emotionless when in office but warm when around his son.

Jungkook was in love with this father-son bond and he had been here for barely an hour yet he wanted to protect their relationship.

Jungkook had always been aware of his sexual orientation so he had never entertained the idea of being a father but now he was surprised to fell the longing for a beautiful and happy family run through his veins.

He looked at Jimin when he stood up and turned to face him.

But wanting to be family doesn't mean he likes Jimin. He hates the man but he loves the kid.

Who wouldn't when he was such a tiny squishy fluff ball?

"Now you have met Jeo, too. You have a perfect reason to back out of the marriage." Jimin started as he folded his arms on the banister staring at the city, "I don't want to get married and I know neither do you. I can't do anything my hands are tied. I am going to inherit the family business as you know and as much as I would like to leave everything, I cant. I have to secure a future for my son. But dad is dead set and he wants me to marry you. Can't you refuse?" Jimin asked his tone pleading.

Jungkook turns his head to look at the other man who looked so helpless and at the same time.... ferocious. The complete opposite of the man he had met in the meeting today.

He looked like a lion protecting its cubs. A wolf protecting his territory.

Is that what being a parent feels like?

"I am really sorry Jimin I tried but my father has always been against my sexual orientation and this is his way of making me understand I can't escape the fate decided for me," I replied and Jimin frowned turning away.

Frustration clear on his face.

Jungkook was frustrated too. He also wanted to get out of this mess as soon as he can. And now after meeting Jeo, he might even try to find someone with whom he can build a family.

Jeo came running over again. And giggled as he handed Jimin a bunch of flowers too. Jimin's expression calmed and he leaned down to lift the child in his arms and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, baby."

Jungkook watched this interaction, mesmerized.

"Jimin?" He called to catch the raven-haired male's attention. Jimin turned to look at him and so did Jeo, their faces alike the stark resemblance threw him off for a moment.