Chapter 2: Never Again

Monse's POV:
"Were you jealous?" Jasmine asks. "Of what?" I get on the floor with her. "Not what, who." She elaborates. "I was just drunk." I tell Jasmine while we stare at the ceiling. "You had less than half a beer." She points out. "I'm not like that though." I say. "You slept with him when he was with Olivia." How'd I forget about that? "Yeah but I was in love with him. I literally just kissed him to piss him off tonight." I explain. "Cesar makes you a shitty person, stay away." She says. "I was trying to stay away when you literally dragged me into his house." I remind her. "Well I didn't think you'd go to his room and kiss him!" Jasmine yells. "I wasn't going to his room I was trying to hide from him." I defend myself. "Hide in his mouth?!" She asks and I hit her with a pillow. "I love you Monse, but you gotta let him go." Jasmine gets serious. "I'm over him." I shrug. "You're not, and if you keep lying to yourself, you're gonna end up doing something stupid." She says.
"I'll figure it out." I can feel my heartbreaking all over again. "You better 'cause not seeing him isn't really an option." Jasmine gets up. "I know. I gotta get back home but you should come over tomorrow. I might've bought you a Christmas present." I say. "Definitely. Me and papi have a long list of Christmas traditions, but after that I'm all yours." Jasmine smiles. I hug her and then I start the walk back to my house. I hate walking alone at night but it's not too far. "I'm home." I tell my dad and he's watching Elf with Dwayne and mr. Martinez. "This is my favorite part." My dad says and I can tell he's drunk off his ass. "Took my an hour to convince them not to go Christmas caroling." Brandy laughs. "You're a saint." I sit with her. "Speaking of Santos, your dad found Cesar knocking on your window. He's in your room waiting to talk." She says and I drop my head to the table. "Why'd you guys let him in?" I ask. "Monty loves that kid... especially when he's drunk." Brandy reminds me. "Sadly." I drag my feet all the way back to my room. "Dwayne, don't start singing again!" Brandy yells. "Why are you here?" I ask Cesar. "You kissed me." Cesar says and I nod. "It was an accident." I shrug. "An accident?" I think I broke his damn brain. "That's what I said." I raise my eyebrows. "Why'd you do it?" He asks. "I wanted to piss you off." I say. "It didn't work. You pissed off Vero, but I'm just confused." He sits on my bed. "That's not my problem. It didn't mean anything." I tell him. "Really?" He asks. "Oh my God please stop with the damn questions." I roll my eyes. "You can't just come back and kiss me!" He yells. "I know you're not yelling at me right now." I laugh. Cesar stands up and kisses me but I push him away. "That's why you don't just go around kissing people!" He says. "You have to go. This is fucking insane." I tell him and Cesar just stares at me. "What?" I ask him. "You're over me, right?" He asks. "Yeah." I lie. "Ok. So let's just stay away from each other. We both know how this goes." Cesar says. "How does this go?" I ask. "We get over each other and then we just get back together." He walks out. "Can I come in? Brandy asks. "Sure." I shrug. "Remind me to never get the sing along version of any movie ever again." She lays down on my bed with me. "I think I just got friend dumped." I tell her. "I didn't think y'all were friends." She says. "We're not." I put a pillow over my face. "Don't worry baby, I've met Vero and they won't last." Brandy tell me. "I don't wanna get back with him." I complain. "Yes you do. Monse, if you ignore it you're gonna end up thinking about how things could've gone." She tells me. "Is that what happened with you and dad?" I ask. "Mhm." She nods. "I'll be right back." I grab my keys off of my dresser. "I didn't mean now. He still has a girlfriend." Brandy says when I walk out the house.

Cesar's POV:
"Where were you?" Vero's waiting outside of my house. "Told Monse to back off." I explain. "Really? Last time you told her to leave us alone, you slept together." She reminds me.
**** 10 months ago ****
I don't even know what I'm doing here. I open Monse's door but she's asleep. "Monse." I put my hand on her cheek and she sits straight up. "What the hell?!" She screams. "Why are you here? Who even let you in the building?! This is an all girls school! How did they not-" I stop her. "I need to get over you." I tell her. "So you broke into my dorm?!" She yells. "It didn't sound crazy until you said it." I admit. "Cesar, it's been months." She reminds me.
"I know." I put my hands on her waist. "We tried the casual thing and it didn't work." She says. "I know." I lean in. "This has to be the last time." Monse tells me and I get in bed with her.
**** Present ****
"Are you even listening?" Vero asks and I kiss her.
"I love you, I'm with you, and I'm done with Monse." I promise but I'm lying and she's not convinced. "Vero, I'm done with Monse. I'm happy never seeing her again." I kiss her again and she goes inside. I feel someone looking at me from across the street and it's her. Monse just looks at me like she hates me. "Thanks, now I'm definitely over you. Don't worry, you won't see me again." She gets in her car.
**** New Years Eve ****
"This has to be the last time." Monse says while I kiss her neck.